Harder and Harder to be relevant

OP
OP

1996GTKB

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure how someone can hate an affordable car with huge power? Especially since mustang owners love cheap things that go fast.

i guess I don't hate the fact that power is affordable nowadays I more hate that it used to be that to get actual power you had to spend time with a wrench under your hood to get it, not go to any dealership and point at 50% of the cars and have over 300hp.

it never used to be that 25% of people could have a 500hp car.

Im not all about being the fastest by any means, if that were the case I'd throw a 200 hundred shot at my completely forged motor cuz I know it can take it and easily be the fastest in my town of 2000 people.

Tony Corley

Reaction score
Nitrous doesn't even get interesting until you start spraying at least a 500 shot :D. Seriously, it is crazy the horsepower you can buy off the showroom floor these days, but I'm happy that performance is still at the forefront of automotive technology. It could be worse, Prius's could be the only new car sold:laughing5:

Carnage281

Reaction score
lol No I meant what I said.
Unless its a terminator, there are a lot better cars.

Sn95s can be fast too,
47873904.jpg

Caboose302

Reaction score
I raced a newer V6 last year and I thought "well at least I'm faster than the V6s... Then I realized... Wow, I'm just faster than the V6s. It's crazy how fast regular cars are now. I'm scared to even go up against a SHO now...

JKady

Reaction score
I raced a newer V6 last year and I thought "well at least I'm faster than the V6s... Then I realized... Wow, I'm just faster than the V6s. It's crazy how fast regular cars are now. I'm scared to even go up against a SHO now...

The SHO's are monsters, and have the advantage of being able to put all that power to the ground. Most fun I've had in anything with 4 doors by far. It's a shame they cost so damn much.

As far as being relevant goes... we live in a world where any geek with decent credit can have a 10 second car with no effort, it's pretty tough to stay relevant in a 20+ year old car unless it's purpose built to be fast. Rich did touch on an important note though, most of the new cars are hog heavy.

There is more to fast than dyno numbers, keep your car light and make it hook and it'll hurt plenty of feelings.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
The SHO's are monsters, and have the advantage of being able to put all that power to the ground. Most fun I've had in anything with 4 doors by far. It's a shame they cost so damn much.

You should probably drive some more 4door cars lol.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have reached the point that I just plain ol love to drive my car! I don't care for now that is only has 215 Flywheel HP....although it will be fun when I make it have more! Case in point; Last week I went to see Furious #7 & attend a mini gathering before it opened...As I drove up around an open/clear area I redlined it & shifted hard while staying on the throttle in second...then backed off to turn the corner. The sound of my off road H & the Magnapacks brought all the car nuts over to watch me WOT first again into the entrance! Now there were many cars there ALL faster than me! WRX STI'S, big block blown chevys & camaros, a 64 GTO, and so on....but they all came running to enjoy ME driving in a lowly 21 year old car with no real power! lol ...one pretty young thing was asked to pick her favorite car she would like to drive home in out of all the exclusive fast cars there....Yep, she picked my car over all the expensive modded Ricers & American Iron because it looked good, sounded good, handled good & was just a blast to drive around town...it could go all out & not be a danger or too scary....So it is not necessary to always have the MOST power & be the fastest!...just sometimes...hehe

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, anyone else hate that so many affordable cars are being released with huge power?
i mean I love that the new mustangs are great and all but all the srts and ss etc are making it hard to be fast anymore lol

i used to love smoking all the fancy cars in town with my SN95 and it's making around 540Rwhp.
Now it's like everyone and there wife has a 500 hp car...

anyone else finding this?

I couldn't agree more. I've come to terms with the fact that I just don't race anything new than '04. I try not to get started on this subject but it's really ****ed up. That, and the fact that it seems the world has forgotten a VERY standard rule in muscle cars:

4 DOOR CARS ARE NOT COOL!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
idunno I really don't care if I loose a race. I am not going to be that guy that after I loose that is talking about ripping off the exhaust or sticking some laughing gas on it. I like to race and win or loose its fun. Shit the last really fun set of races I had was with a Taurus. He surprised me on the first one but I made up for it on the 2nd but I am not going to brag about beating a Taurus, but it was still fun.

Tony Corley

Reaction score
idunno I really don't care if I loose a race. I am not going to be that guy that after I loose that is talking about ripping off the exhaust or sticking some laughing gas on it. I like to race and win or loose its fun. Shit the last really fun set of races I had was with a Taurus. He surprised me on the first one but I made up for it on the 2nd but I am not going to brag about beating a Taurus, but it was still fun.

It kills me to think about losing a race. I will rip a car apart from front to back to make it quicker if it loses.

OP
OP

1996GTKB

Reaction score
I don't rip my car apart or cry if I lose a race... But I do like having a thought that all the time, money, blood and sweat that I have poured into my car makes it better than most.

I know my car isn't a new shelby or a Bugatti lol but I would like to be rewarded for my time and effort.

and a great reward is winning races!!

JKady

Reaction score
Twice as hard to get your doors blown off if you've got 4 of them, and it hurts twice as many feelings when you beat someone with a 4 door. It's almost as bad as beating a car with a pickup truck.

Tony Corley

Reaction score
Dear god I hope that was sarcasm.

Sent from tha trap house.

If you were replying to me, then nope, I was serious. We have taken cars apart overnight in the pits many times to make changes to be quicker the next day. Even the project I am doing now with my 2 sons. Although it is limited by very strict rules to race the class we are building for, and will only end up being a 12 second car, if we don't set the national record for the class, I will tear it apart and redo it until it does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online

Members online