Harder and Harder to be relevant

1996GTKB

Reaction score
Hey, anyone else hate that so many affordable cars are being released with huge power?
i mean I love that the new mustangs are great and all but all the srts and ss etc are making it hard to be fast anymore lol

i used to love smoking all the fancy cars in town with my SN95 and it's making around 540Rwhp.
Now it's like everyone and there wife has a 500 hp car...

anyone else finding this?

Carnage281

Reaction score
._. I'm scared of sedans now sooo yeah I feel the same way. lol

OP
OP

1996GTKB

Reaction score
There's a black on black 2015 challenger SRT in front of my local dodge dealership today with a big SOLD sign on it... I think to myself, oh great another guy who's gunna be just as fast or faster then me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was happy aiming for the 300 hp mark with my car till the v6's came out with 300. Suddenly it wasn't enough...

OP
OP

1996GTKB

Reaction score
Exactly! 300 used to be enough to beat most "fast cars" and now if ur at 500 ur like an average fast car. I'm feeling like I have to re-do my build to compete lol

RichV

Reaction score
I think it's a little scary. Any Bozzo can have a 500+HP car with little respect for the power.

If you choose to buy it versus built it, that's fine. I'd go get a Black Label Saleen if I could justify it, but I've had a few high HP Mustangs.

One thing about the newer cars,a lot of them are heavy ass boats. So if you make 540 at the tires with a SN, that's equivalent of 620hp at the flywheel in a much lighter package.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I think it's a little scary. Any Bozzo can have a 500+HP car with little respect for the power.

If you choose to buy it versus built it, that's fine. I'd go get a Black Label Saleen if I could justify it, but I've had a few high HP Mustangs.

One thing about the newer cars,a lot of them are heavy ass boats. So if you make 540 at the tires with a SN, that's equivalent of 620hp at the flywheel in a much lighter package.

This.

In stock for mustangs shit and get because of the good power to weight ratio. I was wondering to myself how the heck a mach one could run low 13's (fastest stock was 13.1 I believe) but have less than 300 hp? realistically a race weight sn or new edge can weigh as little 3200 lbs (minor weight reduction). Compare that to a loaded 15 gt thats pushing 2 tons with around 380 to the wheels. It equals out to be around the same power to weight ratio (at least for a cobra and mach).

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I had this conversation with my old man the other day. He's always been into the old mg's, Hondas and currently v-dubs, so he's all about smaller vehicles. He made a good point, as Americans are getting bigger, so are the damn cars that used to be small. Just to add to everyone else's point, the HP has to go up as well to compensate for the weight of the boats being produced. It's so strange to me to see how small my car looks parked next to most new vehicles, hell it's close in size to my girls fr-s

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea it definitely changed everything I had planned. I was going to be happy with a nice top end kit and exhaust prior to the 300hp 6'rs. It really has just caused me to prolong the build/pain and make sure I am setting everything up right for the next power jump...

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, a number is a number.
As long as I enjoy my car and the guy with the hellcat beside me enjoys their car, who cares?

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
You have 3 choices.
1) Spend more money on go fast and associated parts

2) Sell car and buy newer car

3) Who cares, your car still looks cool

OP
OP

1996GTKB

Reaction score
I think it does add less attraction to our platform though because ppl will research numbers before purchasing a project and see ours compared to others...

personally I like that because it will make my all of our cars more unique but in a way it also means that more of them will rot away and be less desirable with time.

It's bitter sweet I guess

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Meh, a number is a number.
As long as I enjoy my car and the guy with the hellcat beside me enjoys their car, who cares?

It seems to be human nature to want to be first. I aim to be in the top 15% of fast cars where I live. Besides, adrenalin is good for your cock. But to be fair, I am a speed junkie.

Have you considered nitrous on your 4.2? :evil:

Carnage281

Reaction score
Considering I like driving my car and don't want it to go boom boom, no.

If I cared about being the fastest, I wouldnt have bought a sn95 lol.

You mean you wouldn't have bought a v-6, and then swap another v-6 into it lol.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, anyone else hate that so many affordable cars are being released with huge power?

I'm not entirely sure how someone can hate an affordable car with huge power? Especially since mustang owners love cheap things that go fast.

If I cared about being the fastest, I wouldnt have bought a sn95 lol.

This ^

Some people take horsepower and going fast way to seriously. I think its for the best that any 22 year old blonde college girl can go buy a 400-500 horsepower car and whoop our asses. If being the fastest is your thing by all means do what you gotta do, but don't get mad when technology and newer cars pass you up.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The difference between buying one off the lot and knowing the little machined edge of my block have all take at least a chunk of my skin cells.... the difference between having a warranty of a manufacturer and knowing the blood sweat and tear that have and will go into my car. I don't have all the money on the world but when I go to talk cars with the guy who just bought that new z06 down the road I know what I'm talking about.

"Thats nice you can read the brochure "

That's how I stay relevant..... that being said I am taking my other mustang off the road lol

turion94

Reaction score
Just turn off the A/C for turbo boost. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online