harmonic balancer taking a crap.

94pacecar435

Reaction score
i think i know why my u/d pulley wouldnt work right.i was looking at balancer and noticed it wobbled.so i checked underneath and the rubber is coming off the inside.so its crap right??? also i have a 87-93 balancer will it work on my 94???

ryclef331

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. These cars are notorious for killing them. I've killed two of them on my cars. Yes a fox balancer will work. Just make sure its 50oz. imbalance...

The Green GT

Reaction score
They arent hard to change, just remove the Coolant resevoir, and the fan. But i though the ones on the Fox were different size?

ryclef331

Reaction score
I searched corral and hardcore5.0.com before I bought my romac and they all said they were the same P/N. I bought it and slapped it right on...well...a romac doesn't go "right on" but if you get the fox one...put it on and make sure the crank pulley lines up. If it does, then all is well! I'm positive it does though.

wytstang

Reaction score
I went with a profesional product balancer it's worked great (2 yrs)

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
just wanted to update. i changed the harmonic balancer and put the new one and my u/d fit like a glove :thumb: .my balancer was a bout to come off :eek: i got lucky i changed it before it got loose.if it wasnt for the u/d pulleys i would have never noticed something was wrong there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online