Harmonic Balancers SFI vs. Non-SFI

Mikestang95

Reaction score
OK well I spun my stock balancer, no real big shocker there, so now I am looking to find a suitable replacement.

I am looking to keep it as low cost as possible (as if that's even possible)

My question is this.... Is an SFI approved balancer worth the extra $$$? I'm not going to be making this into a strip only 10 sec car obviously so I am not sure if spending that extra $100 is really worth it.

I will from time to time take it to the strip just to have some fun but nothing really competitive.

I was looking at the Professional Products 50oz. non SFI for @$95 at LMR/Mustangs Unlimited. The SFI approved is almost $200.

So would it be justified to spend that extra cash for a basically street car that will more than likely never see over 6,500RPM (unless I get the dreaded mis-shift) on a regular basis.

toyman

Reaction score
Without significant mods I would stay with a quality stock replacement.

OP
OP
Mikestang95

Mikestang95

Reaction score
I'm thinking (at least for now) that I am just going to go cheap and get the Ford racing one for $75. I am hoping I can yank the motor over next winter and do some real upgrades and rebuild the bottom end. Then I will go with the SFI approved one.

Thanks for the input!

RichV

Reaction score
You don't need SFI until competition.

Kboss87

Reaction score
I've never had any tech check for SFI stickers on my car. They have only checked my helmet and fire jacket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online