has anyone bought wheels from here

HuskerGT

Reaction score
They've been around for a while, so I would say, yes, they are legit. Almost bought a set of FR500s from them recently until I found the ones I currently have from AM

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't buy anything in black chrome from them.

They won't honor their warranty and you end up in court. Long story with an ugly outcome.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
Don't buy anything in black chrome from them.

They won't honor their warranty and you end up in court. Long story with an ugly outcome.

I WANTED THE BLACK CHROME SALEEN WHEELS fml my luck please explain

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I almost bought these but after weeks of research I decided to just get the black ones. Almost every black chrome Saleen wheel apparently peels after not much time. The flat black or smoked versions would look really good on your car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Long story short...........

1) 3 out of 4 were scratched when first sent with tires mounted. They tried giving me the run around about they wipe right off or that I need to polish them with carnauba.

I made it clear that for what I paid for brand new wheels all I should have to do is unbox and install. Had to threaten with legal to get those 3 replaced at no charge and force them to cover cost of remount and balance here locally at a shop with a touchless tire mount machine.

2) wheels didn't get driven on 3 months, taken off, cleaned and waxed and stored for fall and winter. Get them out next spring and put them on. After first rain the only whee I didn't have them originally replace rusted and pitted horribly. They tried to claim I screwed it up and most of got chemicals on my wheels.

Fought with them a while before I said screw this and got an atty. since they're in Texas it was costly to battle but it ended up costing them a fair bit more.

They will not warranty finish, I've talked to others who've had same problem.

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
Long story short...........

1) 3 out of 4 were scratched when first sent with tires mounted. They tried giving me the run around about they wipe right off or that I need to polish them with carnauba.

I made it clear that for what I paid for brand new wheels all I should have to do is unbox and install. Had to threaten with legal to get those 3 replaced at no charge and force them to cover cost of remount and balance here locally at a shop with a touchless tire mount machine.

2) wheels didn't get driven on 3 months, taken off, cleaned and waxed and stored for fall and winter. Get them out next spring and put them on. After first rain the only whee I didn't have them originally replace rusted and pitted horribly. They tried to claim I screwed it up and most of got chemicals on my wheels.

Fought with them a while before I said screw this and got an atty. since they're in Texas it was costly to battle but it ended up costing them a fair bit more.

They will not warranty finish, I've talked to others who've had same problem.

thank you. american muscles sells black chrome saleen wheels but have been out of stock for 6 MONTHS

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
I almost bought these but after weeks of research I decided to just get the black ones. Almost every black chrome Saleen wheel apparently peels after not much time. The flat black or smoked versions would look really good on your car.
smoked?? never heard of that

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thank you. american muscles sells black chrome saleen wheels but have been out of stock for 6 MONTHS

American muscle is a distributor for wheel replicas. That's who makes all of their replica wheels. Only way you can buy them and hope to have a warranty is through american muscle.

If they've been on back order for 6 months that means they won't be carrying them anymore due to issues with the wheel. They did the exact same thing when they stopped carrying the fr500's in black chrome. I waited and waited for them to come back in stock and finally talked to someone at am and they explained to me what's going on.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I remember one person with black chrome wheels that said he didn't have an issue with them. Everyone else I knew had them loved them right till the finish started to fail. I have some car audio connectors that have a black chrome finish on them and I have to wipe them off anytime I touch them as even if only left over night you will return to find you fingerprint etched into them.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Yeah, I think black chrome had similar problems the hypercoated wheels had. The finish is very finicky. I've got a set of the gunmetal (charcoal) Saleens on mine and have been happy

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
Yeah, I think black chrome had similar problems the hypercoated wheels had. The finish is very finicky. I've got a set of the gunmetal (charcoal) Saleens on mine and have been happy
saw thoes, i think thats what ill get to replace my chromw saleens, my chrome ones are mint no problems but i want to change it up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online