has anyone had this sort of problem???

white98stang

Reaction score
so i was driving down the road the other day and noticed that everytime i let off the gas the rear passenger side would make a clunking noise but when i got back on the gas it would stop??? should i be worried???

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
no and im not quite sure where its coming from but its a faint clunking noise ( like somethings loose) ive searched it and like i heard it could be motor mounts but i dont think its the tranny

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
can you describe the noise any better, clanking noise can be many things

Rantheman

Reaction score
it possible somthing in your rear end but my guess is that you have a u joint going out in the driveshaft

IceMan

Reaction score
check your control arms... i had the same problem... mine were loose and it was making the same noice... make sure you do this ASAP...jack the car up and tighten ALL the bolts on the control arms...

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
so the noise only starts while im up at speed and then when i let off i the gas i here a clunking noise but when i step on the gas u can here it stop immediately. I can also here these noise when it changes in to lower gear sometimes.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
white98stang said:
so the noise only starts while im up at speed and then when i let off i the gas i here a clunking noise but when i step on the gas u can here it stop immediately. I can also here these noise when it changes in to lower gear sometimes.

hmmm, you can hear it when the trans goes to low gear too??

97blackgt

Reaction score
Rantheman said:
it possible somthing in your rear end but my guess is that you have a u joint going out in the driveshaft

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
does the car buck or jolt the car in any way? is it like a thump, smack type noise? just trying to gather more info, i wouldn't really know. just trying to help everyone get some better ideas.

ripper

Reaction score
By the way your describing it i would say u joint too. Cheap and easy fixer.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
id bet is a u joint. crawl under it and see if there is any play in the u joints.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online