has anyone here been dreaming about air ride?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well this could be your chance to get it at a good price. Forgive me that I am putting this up a little early as I have not pulled the gear from the car yet and do not have all the model numbers or prices right now. I was going to do it this week while masking the car for primer but I am sick in the hospital again. I want to put this up now just to start answering questions people have that are interested as well as to try and figure out a price. all the gear has light use as I was not one to keep playing with it at lights I liked to set the height and forget it. It all still works perfectly and the only reason I am selling it is to upgrade to the shockwave system so I can use some performance control arms for when I do go to the track. All the parts work perfectly and of course bolt right in. I am checking now to make sure the shockwaves have the ride height sensors built into them as it would allow me to sell the ones I the have now. I have never sold nor bought a used air ride system so I have no idea what these things go for used. I am not trying to be fair for both of us so I can afford the new gear and you are happy with it in the end

Here is what I will be selling
4 cool ride air bags and mounting brackets that hook up into the stock hardware.
4 automatic ride height sensors(assuming that they are in the shockwaves
ridetech shocks
Koni struts (I need t check this but ridetech didn't make a strut for us at that time.)
I also have a set of 4 bolt M & M castor camber plates to make sure its all the way you want it too.

What you will need.

What you will first of all need is a tank and compressor of course. Depending on what size/brand you go with tanks are not all that expensive and again depending on what compressor you get the price will vary. Don't forget the pneumatic line to air up the bags as well as the tank as well as the vavles or valve block. Finally the only possibly expensive part is the control system. The E3 system I have now that the sensors plug into is the most expensive ridetech makes at a grand but it certainly does look cool am I right? I probably would have opted for the cheaper analog system myself if it were not that I fell into some unexpected cash when I got all that stuff. it works just find but doesn't give the automatic ride height that the E3 does and would also save you from having to buy the sensors as well. I would prefer to sell it all to once to make it easier

The only other part that might be interesting is that rumors have been going around that ridetech might not make the mounts for the cool ride bags anymore just to push people into the higher prices systems but I have to say it seems like a stretch to me.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sorry I have not worked that out or the details on the model numbers. I am having to hold off on that a little until I hopefully get out of the hospital tomorrow and can get the correct model #'s and the prices that would go with those. I also have never bought or sold used air ride gear before so I am open to offers/debate. Sorry for the ambiguity with it all I am really just trying to see who is interested and get them into the idea of if they could or could not do it at this time. Not many people are up for the price of it all even used, if they only took a ride in it once though they would reconsider.

Like I said I hope to get out tomorrow and want to get all this crap down on paper to hopefully get it in motion.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Understood, take your time. Spent a fair amount of time in hospitals. Get out soon man! I'll be interested to know.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought I would have the details filled in on this by now but took a couple of steps back out of the hospital that I didn't expect. Give me till the end of the day to try and get the model numbers so I can figure out what prices are. It was just a really bad weekend.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and of course that plan goes to hell. Woke up his morning and knew it would not be a good day but hoped it would not be this bad. Long story short I am back in the hospital still pissed at the er and the dr down there. Piece of shlt dr was concerned that this was because of drug abuse. Not the first time this has happened but I am not sure what it wold take to get me more pissed at a dr.

I never planned on dragging it out this long. Is it possible to move to a different area for discussion till I can get done what I need too? I would Like to keep it up somehow both to keep me from having to do it all over again as well as to keep the couple of names that subrscriped to it as I am bad with names.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Scott [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] I moved this to the suspension/brakes section until you sort it out. Lmk when you're ready to move it back to the classifieds.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks and sorry for the trouble. I was hoping to have everything ready by the end of the weekend but it looks like I am setting myself up for a crappy week(literally as the nurse just set down 4 liters of laxative in front of me WTF?!). What else is new.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ya know honestly I am really starting to wonder if it will get ever get done. I am just so close to getting it into primer that its killing me to have to wait, now again... Just seems like no mater what I do its one step forward and two back.

StretchedR6

Reaction score
I'm not Interested but just wanted to say get well soon brotha... best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well thank you and welcome to the forum. But don't hold your breath this has been going on now for over 10 years.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
ya know honestly I am really starting to wonder if it will get ever get done. I am just so close to getting it into primer that its killing me to have to wait, now again... Just seems like no mater what I do its one step forward and two back.

You will get it done. Leave wondering for women. You'll get it painted then move on to getting the bastard on the road. Life has it's own plans for you, it's up to you to ignore those and continue with your own plans.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks for all the kind words fellas. Its just been the worst year of my life to tell the truth. Between being in the hospital monthly and being nearly constantly sick in between it just seems to keep kicking me down. I know after having a friend kill herself years ago I know I could never do it myself after seeing all the pain it caused her friends and family. But with that being said I have decided that I am really just not in the right state of mind to have or need my guns around so I am in the process of selling them now. It might not turn out that bad as a good friend of mine said he would take them and we could still go shoot together and if later I am in a better state of mind later he said he would sell them back to me.

biggest problem with really getting stuff done on the car now is that I am too busy paying off all the medical bills to be able to afford the rest of the toys/parts needed. I am thinking about being stupid and maybe selling some stock to afford it. I hate to do it but retail therapy is one of the few things that does give me enjoyment and not sure how important the investment account is to me since I am just not all that sure how long my body can take this abuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.