Has Anyone Ran A Vortech V-2 Supercharger On Their Car?

94mustangsvt

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on here has a Vortech V-2 supercharger on their 5.0 or has run one before. What I'd really like to know is does the car tend to get hot easily cause of the supercharger heat and has anyone ran an intercooler with one? Did that help out a lot with under the hood temperatures? Thanks.

Thinking about picking up a used unit for my car is why I'm asking.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
In most cases you'll be fine ... I'm pushing 15lbs with out drugs aka meth and non intercooled . In the winter I might do a air to air but not likely

RichV

Reaction score
Are you worried about IAT temps? Or coolant temps?

IAT will depend on the boost you run. I would get a big aluminum radiator regardless of s/c or not with your mods.

BTW, anyone else think the OP should be making more power with the mods in the sig?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

IAT will depend on the boost you run. I would get a big aluminum radiator regardless of s/c or not with your mods.

BTW, anyone else think the OP should be making more power with the mods in the sig?

Yea he should be for sure making more power . I think his tuner is leaving a bunch on the table

OP
OP

94mustangsvt

Reaction score

IAT temps. For the current power on my car, you guys should also take into consideration the TKO 600 adds an additional 15-20 hp drivetrain loss over the much smaller stock T5.

RichV

Reaction score
IAT temps. For the current power on my car, you guys should also take into consideration the TKO 600 adds an additional 15-20 hp drivetrain loss over the much smaller stock T5.

Never heard that on the TKO. It's still a 1:1 ratio on 4th gear right? What makes it loose more than a T5?

What boost on the V2?

OP
OP

94mustangsvt

Reaction score
Never heard that on the TKO. It's still a 1:1 ratio on 4th gear right? What makes it loose more than a T5?

What boost on the V2?
Since it weighs close to 50 pounds more and has all much beefier internals I just figured it only makes logical sense that it would take more hp to drive it.

Only 6 to 9 psi on the V2. Looking for 400 wheel.

RichV

Reaction score
I call bullshit on the tranny thing. For many reasons.

You may want an intercooler on anything above 8 psi. But not absolutely necessary.

tshaec

Reaction score
Seems like the timing is set back pretty far. Did you tell your tuner you planned to put the SC on?

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
At 13# I see iats of up to 220 before meth and 125 after meth, measured in the #5 runner

DavidBoren

Reaction score
The real question is, why would you avoid using an intercooler? With a centri blower, it's easy-peasy to plumb in a front mount intercooler, so why wouldn't you? I understand that the additional cost can be a factor, but anything worth doing is worth doing right.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
The real question is, why would you avoid using an intercooler? With a centri blower, it's easy-peasy to plumb in a front mount intercooler, so why wouldn't you? I understand that the additional cost can be a factor, but anything worth doing is worth doing right.
Without flipping the intake adding an intercooler makes a giant cluster****... It's not nearly as easy as it sounds.. CX racing now makes an intercooler kit and it's an absolute joke... On top of that, pushrod Vortech's have an curved discharge and you really want an straight discharge to clock the blower down and eliminate an unnecessary 90 degree bend

DavidBoren

Reaction score
What about an A:W intercooler mounted in the original airbox location? Would that also eliminate the 90 degree bend? Nevermind, I just saw how the pushrod five-oh Vortech is set up.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
What about an A:W intercooler mounted in the original airbox location? Would that also eliminate the 90 degree bend? Nevermind, I just saw how the pushrod five-oh Vortech is set up.
Vortech already makes one... It's REALLY expensive and isn't known to work all that well..... Simplest solution is some meth

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
1c630885596ddf0e23c7cc596aa1e43f.jpg

DavidBoren

Reaction score
The set-up above has room for one of those inline tubular air to water intercoolers. Then you get said A2W intercooler hooked up to an active interchiller, which uses the a/c coolant system to cool the liquid in the intercooler reservoir. You can achieve sub-ambient intake temperatures with such a system.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
The set-up above has room for one of those inline tubular air to water intercoolers. Then you get said A2W intercooler hooked up to an active interchiller, which uses the a/c coolant system to cool the liquid in the intercooler reservoir. You can achieve sub-ambient intake temperatures with such a system.
Yeah.. That's what Vortech sells for $2500.. But then you can't use the powerpipe, negating any gains made by cooler air with 2-3# loss of boost from the major inlet restriction alone..

Give it a rest... If there were an easier way, don't you think the TENS OF THOUSAND of Vortech'd cars would be doing it already....

I'm dropping IAT's 100 degrees with a hose and 2 nozzles... Not that complicated

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
In order to run an A2A the right way you need
Aftermarket intake that is flippable (TFS, Edelbrock, Systemax)
Aftermarket Fuel Rails or a really tall spacer to clear the Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fox TB Swap
And of course the intercooler and all the custom piping..

DSC_7427done800 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

The Vortech Aftercooler is meant for a fox meaning you'd have to run fox accessories to move the blower further forward or it won't fit..

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
And this is the cxracing cluster**** which you couldn't pay me to run on my car......

$_12 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.