has anyone successfully cut the stock mufflers off and clamped in new?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Does it matter if the tips point down or angled 45° to the sides? Sound change?

Dumped is gonna be deep bass and loud regardless. Hell, my exhaust fully exits the sides and it’s still loud and still a deep bass in the car at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trebor3170

Reaction score
I have dumps on my 95, mostly because the flow bastard tail pipes rotted off, and I didn't have the bucks to replace them. It's not that bad, but when the time comes, tail pipes are going back on.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
Well, like I said, I am gonna try retaining my OEM tails first. If it proves impossible, dumps will be installed for the time being.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
had to go with dumps for now. Also, I have new hangers coming, the mechanic's wire is just a placeholder for the time being. Haha!
54PD6RW.jpg

SG8Eh8e.jpg

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
decent. Steady RPM's just above 1000 on a cold start are brutal bass resonance. My true idle is fine and quiet though thank god. I plan to add the Walker tailpipes at some point as fitting the stock ones back would prove to be quite a challenge. I hope to sell those locally to fund the Walker tails. I'm in no hurry as it will be stored within 2 months and I need to focus my time and energy on replacing the damn vert top :(

Reaction score
Just take it to a shop and get it welded. Ive probably spent about 500 over the years on my cars exhaust. Different routes, different setups. Changing things here and there, etc.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
I think if I weld a section of 2-1/4" pipe onto the OEM tails, I can reinstall em easily. Winter project.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online