Having some issues getting the car started, think it's electrical

Hellion94

Reaction score
So my '94 has a plug and play harness from Pro-M that adapts an A9L computer from a fox body in place of the stock computer. The A9L that came with it looked like it had seen better days, so when i got the car i swapped in another A9L that i had from our old racecar. It has been tuned with a FMS EPEC piggyback controller. For a very long time, 6 months or more, the car worked fine. I've fixed many small issues with the car since i've had it, and i actually have it running much stronger than it did when i got it.

So here's my issue. The car is getting increasingly hard to start. If i just turn the key on and try to start it, it just cranks and cranks and cranks with no result. I've had several Idle Air Control Valve issues with the car in the past, but they had been resolved, or so i thought. However, this doesn't seem like an IAC problem. If i turn the key to the on position and just let it sit there for about 1-2 minutes, the car will start right up. I'm totally lost as to what to do. Today i'm going to unplug everything, put the old computer back in, clean the PCV and IAC valves and possibly try and clean some of the intake tract with SeaFoam.

stangs4life

Reaction score
The "turning key on and letting it sit - starts right" up sounds like a fuel pressure / pump issue rather than a comp problem. Have you checked the fuel pressure? or listened to see if you could hear the pump turn on when you turn the key on?

Just some ideas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online