HCI or blower????

Maniak87

Reaction score
i am lookin to increase the power on my 94 cobra. i have almost all the bolt ons right now but it needs more.

i have asked this question before and most people said blower but i'm still unsure. i can find blowers for about the same cost as doing HCI but then once you factor in the tune and supporting mods, it gets alot more expensive. i am also worried about the T5 when going with the blower.

if i go HCI i will spend the extra for a tune. not sure what parts to go with though. im lookin at afr185's but im worried about piston to valve clearance. the other 2 heads iv'e been debating are TFS and Canfields. i'm also thinking about what to do with the intake. i could port the cobra one but if i want to go back to stock for some reason there could be an issue. not as worried about the trans with this set up but it can still be a problem if i decide to race a lot. i am planning on doin auto-x/open track/ and maybe some drag. i will also do a 255 in tank fuel pump and adj regulator.

thanks for the help!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like the blower myself. It will be a easy install with a part that could be taken off in the event that you decide to sell the car. Blown cars are just cool 8) Your gains will probally be slightly higher with forced induction over the n/a set-up too.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I'd take your heads and intake off, have the ported some and matched, then get a blower and a bigger throttle body. Should make 450rwhp I'd imagine.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
I'd take your heads and intake off, have the ported some and matched, then get a blower and a bigger throttle body. Should make 450rwhp I'd imagine.

now thats a good idea :boink:

97vertstang

Reaction score
94-95 stock cobras with a centri blower , usually dyno around 340-360rwhp. ask the cobra guys here.depending on the HCI u will make a little less horspower and less streetable.the blower will be street legal and easier to put , take off than HCI. and like snakebit said , blowers are just cool.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i met a guy with a nice 94 GT he had a very aggressive HCI setup and was only pushing 280/280. Sounded mean, but my Blown 5.0 makes 300HP and 390TQ

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
i met a guy with a nice 94 GT he had a very aggressive HCI setup and was only pushing 280/280. Sounded mean, but my Blown 5.0 makes 300HP and 390TQ

with a HCI car its going to be hard to get more than 300rwhp with the stock 5.0 short block

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
If ur gonna keep the car for a while then I'd do the H/C/I now then do a blower later. If not then blow her, how many miles are on the car?

You WILL have PTV clearence problems with the 185's unless u flycut the pistons. I'd do a Holley intake.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
I went with the H/C/I combo. I want to see how much power I can make n/a without breaking my bank.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
A fast supercharged car is expected...a fast N/A car is impressive.

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
damn, i was hoping to see more people recomend HCI hahahaha, it cheaper but of course will not make as much power. i love the sound of a camed 5.0 but i know it is hard to do it with these cars. i like the idea of the HCI just because it is cheaper.

i will be keeping the car for a while so HCI may be enough for awhile but you never know. i guess i will have to save up a little more and go blower.

only thing i am worries about is that weak T5.

thanks for all the comments, keep em comin!!

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Maniak87 said:
damn, i was hoping to see more people recomend HCI hahahaha, it cheaper but of course will not make as much power. i love the sound of a camed 5.0 but i know it is hard to do it with these cars. i like the idea of the HCI just because it is cheaper.

i will be keeping the car for a while so HCI may be enough for awhile but you never know. i guess i will have to save up a little more and go blower.

only thing i am worries about is that weak T5.

thanks for all the comments, keep em comin!!
like i said i have a stock block, stock internals, stock T5 stock 8.8 at 300HP/390TQ

Plus nothing beats a cammed 5.0 with a whistle. :boink:

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
i am sooo torn between the 2, just can't make the decision yet

95pootang

Reaction score
95KBGT
do u have a automatic in your car, with the blower. if so hows the auto handle with the blwer, hows ur low end when taking off. have a new auto in mine, just wanna know how the low end is. thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online