Head/ can swap....advice

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by freefallin98, Jul 26, 2007.

1. freefallin98

freefallin98 Member

So I pan on doing a stage II head and cam swap by the end of the summer. What is the most inexpensize bu best route to go? Also what could I expect for install prices? Thanks guys!

2. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

Those 2 words do not fit in the same sentence when it comes to anything performance wise...

My suggestion is save the money and do it RIGHT the first time. Trust me, i've done every power adder you can think of plus Naturally aspirated and what not.

if you DONT do it right, it will cost you twice as much sometime in the future to fix it.

3. freefallin98

freefallin98 Member

Re: Head/ cam swap....advice

sorry pal i meant CAM not can...thanks for pointing that out. What are you talking about do it right the first time? What wouldnt be right about an aftermarket head swap?

4. Jrgunn5150

Jrgunn5150 Legend

By do it right, dodge Patriot performance like the plauge, go to Foxlake/VT, Livernois, MPH, or one of the other respected builder's. Cost's more, but your benefit's will come in longevity.

For cam's, Talk to Scott at VT, or the guy's at MPH, tell them your mod's, and your intended use. Custom grind's cost about 100 more, but again, you'll be more pleased with the results. Also, don't cheap out on valvesprings, or the headgasket's and bolt's.

5. phil_the_thrill

phil_the_thrill Active Member

www.powerheads.com

they have complete packages and i think you can get a discount for being on the forums. i'd check it out, they have some pretty good deals

6. scarface

scarface Guest

steen racing has good heads also.

7. freefallin98

freefallin98 Member

alright thanks for all the advice boys...keep it coming! yeah, I was looking at powerheads.com today and noticed that they coud give me a stage ii kit with a "hot" or "pro street" cam for like $400 extra. What would you guys say to something like that. It had Ferra or something lifters and valves I tbelieve so its not too bad of a kit from the sounds of it. Advice!!!

8. Jrgunn5150

Jrgunn5150 Legend

The cams are regrinds, I would avoid them.

9. MustangMatt96GT

MustangMatt96GT Well-Known Member

Yeah I looked into them and they are cheaper, because they are used PI cams that are reground. They also require you to send in your old cams.

10. freefallin98

freefallin98 Member

Oh really? Well thats gay I thought it was almost to good to be true. I kind of want to find a kit that has everything in it you know so I dont have to buy a bunch a misc. parts.