Head ?

Z28 This

Reaction score
Im buying some AFR 165s 64cc...my question is the 64cc too much cc for a naturally aspirated 302? i know 61cc+ are more ideal for power adders or nitrous....im building a all motor car and want a nasty n/a motor with stock 302 bottom end...im gettin a great deal on them so what do yall think...will it affect my rwhp and rwtq?

what do yall think this will run in the 1/4 and rwhp wise

302 with AFR 165 heads,trickflow street upper/lower intake,1087 wolverine cam(.510 .534 222/232 LC 112),1.6 scorpion rr's,bbk 65mm t/b,3.73s,CAI, shortys with full exhaust im running pro stars with M/Ts,fluidyne radiator,eibach springs.

ryclef331

Reaction score
No no no no...you got it backwards....the smaller the cc's of the combustion chambers, the higher the compression is going to be. Compression makes power...PERIOD....motor, nitrous, turbo, blower...don't matter...the harder you squeeze it, the more power it makes. BUT compression comes with a price...increased heat leading to eventual detonation. SO with a power adder, most people run a bigger combustion chamber to lower compression to make it safer to RUN a power adder. On an all motor application, the intake charge is usually more stable therefore, you can get away with more compression....SO, ideally, if you wanted a strong motor application, i think the 61cc chambers would be best for you BUT if you're getting a deal, 64cc chambers are that bad either. The difference in compression ratio is minimal at best but every little bit counts when you're tuning on the edge. Being that you're building a mild street motor, I think you'll be JUST fine.

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
No no no no...you got it backwards....the smaller the cc's of the combustion chambers, the higher the compression is going to be. Compression makes power...PERIOD....motor, nitrous, turbo, blower...don't matter...the harder you squeeze it, the more power it makes. BUT compression comes with a price...increased heat leading to eventual detonation. SO with a power adder, most people run a bigger combustion chamber to lower compression to make it safer to RUN a power adder. On an all motor application, the intake charge is usually more stable therefore, you can get away with more compression....SO, ideally, if you wanted a strong motor application, i think the 61cc chambers would be best for you BUT if you're getting a deal, 64cc chambers are that bad either. The difference in compression ratio is minimal at best but every little bit counts when you're tuning on the edge. Being that you're building a mild street motor, I think you'll be JUST fine.

the afr heads with upgraded springs,1.6 scorpion rr's, hardened pushrods and hes throwing in free FMS #19 injectors for 1175

Stangbangin

Reaction score
haha what a guy tell him thanks for the injectors your probably already have.. :gtfo:

Downshift

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
haha what a guy tell him thanks for the injectors your probably already have.. :gtfo:

Haha ya could at least be 24# but otherwise thats a pretty sweet deal. How many miles does he have on them? Just selling them to get bigger or what?

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
3400 miles...hes going 393 so no use for the heads

Downshift

Reaction score
Z28 This said:

Sounds like a sweet deal. Wish I could find a deal like that around here or one on a KB like you did...

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Z28 This said:

Sounds like a sweet deal. Wish I could find a deal like that around here or one on a KB like you did...

i have the guys name on corral with the KB if you want to pm him

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.