Header Gaskets

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Wow... So I was cruzin down the street, kinda havin fun and when I shifted into third and squeeled my tires, I kinda heard this go-kart sound. So i pulled over and I popped my hood and with my finger reved my engine, sure enough I blew one of my header Gaskets. Now i need to go buy new ones and install them! :comando:

tealpony

Reaction score
Re: Head Gaskets

So is it your head gasket or header gasket? :-\

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
wow, my bad HEADER gasket... Thank God it wasnt my Head Gasket

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I thought you were talking about head gaskets lol. I missed the header gasket and just assumed it was a head gasket. Kind of thought it was odd that it made a go kart sound with a bad head gasket lol.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I have gone thru like 5 pairs of these things, Felpros, mr Gasket, copper you name it, the best is either just high temp silicone or OEM FORD GASKETS!!! they are well worth the extra money.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I agree with the high temp silicone (red) on the gaskets. Apply a thin layer, let it tack up (5-10 minutes) slap them in. Snug down the bolts....wait another 10 minutes then TIGHTEN. Mr Gasket Ultra Seals are my gasket of choice.

ryclef331

Reaction score
For me it was my lazy ass forgetting to re-torque the bolts. A hard launch at the track would blow them for me too.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Well it was weird because after a long ass weekend, my friend and I installed a new battery relocation kit, 6A box, new plugs and wires and a really nice Centerforce Clutch. Boy did it make a difference! Before she wouldnt chirp from 1 to 2nd with three people in the car... now she will chrip 2nd to 3rd WITH three people!!! But yeah, a couple of those first trips and sure enough that damn header gasket went.... Kaboomie!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the bolts get loose then the gaskets burn, crack, dryout. They usually dont go from excessive raggin on the stang.

Yeah I need a new clutch I think it would improve my performace abit as well.

DamieN

Reaction score
RTV Black High temp silicone will work very well OEM gaskets cant hurt.

joefelly3888

Reaction score
If you have had many headers leaks like me (3 in the past 2 years), go with earl's high performance crush proof gaskets. I got them from summit and i havent had any problems with them. Their pricey but these gaskets with stage 8 locking header bolts are the best. They form to where your header meets the head and where the ports meet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah