header gaskets

mattyh

Reaction score
i have a 95 cobra with some jba shorties which gasket should i use and what locking bolts should i use to bolt the headers to the heads?

ivan12

Reaction score
I like the stage 8 bolts, can't remember what I used for gaskets, I think they came in a kit

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Get header STUDS, they make installation an effing breeze and hold torque much better. If you do get bolts get the stage 8 jobs and prepare for hilarity when one of the C clips flies off somewhere and you can't find it. Ask me about that one...

Gaskets? Fel-Pros worked fine for me.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Header studs are awesome . On a 5.0 I think long header bolt are a joke there so easy to access the key factor with headers is to tighten them run the engine to operating temp, let cool then re tighten then put a few hundred miles and go over them . They shouldn't come loose after that . Doing the above I just mentioned never had a issue with header gaskets with the stock gaskets that come with the headers . Just my opinion

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
I use Copper sealant on my headers and normal bolts. No gaskets no fancy locking bolts. Never come loose.

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
I used the proform soft aluminum gaskets when I installed my long tubes. They seem to seal pretty well. I may just go with felpro next time, though.

ram360

Reaction score
header studs for sure esp if you have aluminum heads. As for the gaskets, I had issues with the cheap ass fel pros blowing out, and same with alumimum ones, I only use the copper gaskets anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online