headers for a 95 gt auto

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by sean4ky, Apr 2, 2006.

1. sean4ky

sean4ky Member

I just bought a 95 GT Automatic and I need to know what headers to buy. I want longtubes, but the ones I have looked at say "manual only". Sorry for the ignorance, but are they any longtubes I can buy for an auto?? Thanks for the help

2. Z28 This

Z28 This Well-Known Member

how about you pull out that auto and put in a 5 spd and buy these http://www.brothersperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_8_700/products_id/792
    you wont be dissapointed ;)

3. 95CALI-5.0

95CALI-5.0 Well-Known Member

The long tubes are great for power, but if your stang is lowered you may have ground clearance issues.

4. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

IMO you either go shortys unequal length or all out and longtubes. The gain of equal lenth's verses unequal lenghts is minimal plus there like twice as easy to install, then there is the long tubes which sound awesome, give great power and are by far the most difficult to install.

5. Z28 This

they sound like there eating the pavement :p

6. sean4ky

sean4ky Member

That's the headers I would like but I don't want a 5 speed yet. I'm just wondering why those longtubes say 5-spd only. Is there any brand of longtubes that you can put on an auto. I haven't even seen my car yet, since I'm still in the big beach with no water, and this is my first mustang so I am completely ignorant on mods. I've been hunting all the boards and buying mods that are suggested and this is the only one I'm stuck on.

7. Steve-Oh

Steve-Oh Well-Known Member

The auto tranny is wider on then 5-speed, thats why they specify which is which. Although I couldn't find any info, i would try to contact BBK. E-mail or call, they had good customer service when i was trying to find my headers.

8. sean4ky

sean4ky Member

cool, thanks for the info. I found the MAC longtubes don't specify auto or 5-spd. thanks again.

9. Z28 This

yeah id just call

10. davidnc

davidnc New Member

I put MAC LT's on my 95gt, and kept them in place when I swapped to a tko500.