headers mac or bbk

scootin95gts

Reaction score
has any had the mac headers i like them but i want to know if the flang for them is durable since they are all individual unlike the bbk where it all one continous piece also should i get headers or 70mmtb i already have flows h-pipe and egr and smog del..

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
is there a big diff between shorties and equal length headers on a car with basic bolt-ons.also how are these to install yourself

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are a lot easier than long tubes, you should not have any big issues with them. I have had mac and BBK myself and I dont really prefer one over the other......they both are nice in my book

JERSEYTHUNDER

Reaction score
i'm no expert.....but i'm sure that a strong STREET car would never notice the difference...if your a dyno nut, then yes you might
equal lenghts...better if your looking for every little bit
notice the difference....i don't think so

i would contact MAC......ask the experts,i've called with questions..good people!
http://www.macperformance.com/

they are a lot easier than long tubes, you should not have any big issues with them.....X2
JT

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
The equal length are a bigger pain to put in than shorties and you dont gain much by going with them over shorties. I would either go with shorties or long tubes. I dunno which is better w/o looking at them but i imagine a thicker single flange would be a lot better than individual flanges. If ya need more info that ya get here go over to stangnet etc and search. I imagine the topic has been beat to death over there ;D

Reaction score
Performance wise, they are mostly the same. But MAC's have been know to eat their coating and look really bad. I have BBK ceramic shorties for over 40kmiles and they still look brand new.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
the solid flange design of the bbk is supposed to be better because it keeps its form...whereas the macs' individual flanges will warp to the head and supposedly not go back on right after u take them off

i have mac longtubes and i love the performance...but i havnt had them off yet

purplehaze

Reaction score
individual flanges tend to warp faster. unequal shorties with an x pipe will do!! but if looking for topend power bbk longtubes and x pipe will do!! i have the bbk chrome longtubes and 2.5 h pipe, gonna switch to x pipe soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online