Headlight help???????

Koumiss45

Reaction score
I have posted a variation of this on the forums before, but I have narrowed the problem down a bit more. Background: My headlights seem to randomly go off every once in a while and then come back on...this has been an increasing problem as of late. It seems to happen independant of bumps or rpms, so I don't think its a lose wire like that. I have narrowed the problem down to the passenger side headlight, whenever it is not installed the driver works great, but if it is the only one in it still blinks. Argh, worst of all if it is in it does both headlights at once, so it seems like they are connnected on this problem. What could it be, and how can I fix this. I have no clue about electronics to pictures would help huge.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
definately sounds like a short somewhere...kinda hard to narrow it down unless you are there.

OP
OP
K

Koumiss45

Reaction score
So, if it is a short then why if i hold on the bright switch does it not do it.

S

scarface

mine did that when I had a short in a parking light. I had no headlights unless I held the mulitswitch to the highbeams.

OP
OP
K

Koumiss45

Reaction score
Wow, which parking light? Yeah, if i hold the bright selector switch I have lights.... this is good info I will have to search it down.

S

scarface

Mine was the drivers side front. I shorted one of the wires installing my headlights. Check your headlight fuse. That ended up being the final culprit.

rtgreen

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my 91 coupe. When I hit a bump the lights on one side would go off....sometimes they would stay off until I pulled over opened the hood and jiggled the wires coming from the headlight. I later found that it was a loose ground. Not sure about 94+ cars, but on the 91 there are two headlight grounds that are attached on the upper radiator support. They were green wires with a green bolt that was screwed into the support. Once I tightned up the screws I never had the issue again. Hope this helps!

:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online