Headlight issues

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cameron57, Sep 30, 2015.

1. cameron57

cameron57 Active Member

Anybody ever have trouble with there headlight staying in. I have a brand new set of light and im thinking maybe the header panel is worn out. Or am I just not installing them right thought?

Thanks,
    cameron

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

any of the clips still on the back?

3. cameron57

cameron57 Active Member

Thats a negative I was looking on late model. And just saw those clips. I need that and the nuts I think.

4. Justang

Justang Active Member

Soooo I absolutely hate those plastic clips. Maybe I'm in the minority, and I will say the concept behind them is solid, but I've always had trouble removing them. This last time around, I destroyed all but one taking the headlights out, with the intention of coming up with a solution. All my adjusters now have t-nuts on one side (call it "the front of the panel") with a washer and nut on the other side ("backside of the panel"). I haven't put them back on the car yet, so I may need to revise the inner hardware, but if you're interested, I'll make a thread when I get the chance to show everything I did.

5. cameron57

cameron57 Active Member

All my cars previous owners have destroyed them. So I never knew they where there in the first place and was like wtf.