Headlights

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
as everyone probably knows, Art is getting us a great deal on some smoked heads and fogs. Ive never put new headlights in before and I saw someone saying that they are pretty hard to put in. Well beyond that, I don't want to have to take them off to clean them up or ne thing. so i want to do it right the first time.

Does anyone have a good method to keep the headlights from "yellowing" up (oxidizing i believe is what it is correct)?

ALITL8

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
Keep it in the garage. ;D

:lol: thats one way. also when you wax your car, it never hurts to go over all your lenses ;)

ALITL8

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
keep them clean, there is plastic polish you can apply every now and then too.

Flitz'em!!! its a plastic cleaner/polish too :thumb:

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I have smoked headlights in right now and they are not hard to keep clean. Just give the car regular car washes. headlights arent really that hard to put in the stock ones are the hard ones cuz they been in there so long.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
is there some kind of seal already on them or can you put a little more seal on them for safety sake to keep water from gettin to the inside? i saw someone post up on here that putting some clear silicone around the edges and maybe drilling little holes in the botttom to let it drain out works but idk if thats a good idea.. i was kinda wonderin how to keep water out of the inside. let me know.

Thanks for the info though on keeping the outsides clean! :thumb:

ALITL8

Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
is there some kind of seal already on them or can you put a little more seal on them for safety sake to keep water from gettin to the inside? i saw someone post up on here that putting some clear silicone around the edges and maybe drilling little holes in the botttom to let it drain out works but idk if thats a good idea.. i was kinda wonderin how to keep water out of the inside. let me know.

i think thats a problem on the 99-04 cars... ive never seen or heard anyone complaining about water in the 94-98 lights. i know ive never had any problems with factory or aftermarkets :dunno:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
TxCobrA98 said:

i think thats a problem on the 99-04 cars... ive never seen or heard anyone complaining about water in the 94-98 lights. i know ive never had any problems with factory or aftermarkets :dunno:

oh alright, thanks man for the info. i just wanted to be sure! :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah