headlights

Win

Legend
Reaction score
It scatters so much..... It's very annoying to drivers that are in front of the person and oncoming traffic....actual usable light vs a good quality 9007 bulb it is actually worse to run hid

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It scatters so much..... It's very annoying to drivers that are in front of the person and oncoming traffic....actual usable light vs a good quality 9007 bulb it is actually worse to run hid

I got projectors so I'm good

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I installed these Cobra style http://www.americanmuscle.com/9498-black-headlights-amber.html headlights a few weeks ago and I've got the 10 foot problem too. I haven't driven my car in the dark again because I can't see jack! I tried to adjust them but it's a royal pain.

While led they look amazing there practically useless...a black housing trying to reflect a normal halogen bulb will produce very little light. With hid you might get a little more but not much. You still shouldn't put hid in a halogen housing anyway because of the scatter.

Need to retrofit. Those to get the best light output.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Ebay ones?? Switch them out with some Morimoto ones.... Night and day difference... No joke there pieces of shit that come wi those

Yeah I got em off ebay. for ebay lights they're pretty good, actually really bright now, nice crisp cutoff line.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I got em off ebay. for ebay lights they're pretty good, actually really bright now, nice crisp cutoff line.

not to be mean but there horrible.... cost of them vs a retrofit is just a little less with the retrofit being 10x the projector and light output

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
not to be mean but there horrible.... cost of them vs a retrofit is just a little less with the retrofit being 10x the projector and light output

I'll be referring to your write up when I decide to pull the trigger on mine. Seeing as the h1 mini is one of the easiest to install (according to retrofitsource), I'm going to re use my housings, and use my DDM's for now too unless I decide I don't like them. Little motivational things like what you posted are what get me to do shit to my car man. Hope you've got good details in your thread as I have NO idea where to even begin LOL. And I'll adapt the best I can to mine being a New Edge

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I'll be referring to your write up when I decide to pull the trigger on mine. Seeing as the h1 mini is one of the easiest to install (according to retrofitsource), I'm going to re use my housings, and use my DDM's for now too unless I decide I don't like them. Little motivational things like what you posted are what get me to do shit to my car man. Hope you've got good details in your thread as I have NO idea where to even begin LOL. And I'll adapt the best I can to mine being a New Edge

i will be more then willing to help on anything. if you need to you can text me.... just hit me up. The 99-04 lights should almost be the exact same due to the size.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks Win I most definitely will man. I just bought the final pieces to my paintball gun so now it's time to start putting money into the Mustang again. Might as well start with something I've wanted to do for a long time

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
While led they look amazing there practically useless...a black housing trying to reflect a normal halogen bulb will produce very little light. With hid you might get a little more but not much. You still shouldn't put hid in a halogen housing anyway because of the scatter.

Need to retrofit. Those to get the best light output.

Go to

www.theretrofitsource.com

purchase mini 6.0 h1
buy cobra reps
buy TRS harness 9007 motocontrol
buy 5five TRS hid kit
bamn you set fully retrofitted headlights :)

OK, forgive the ignorance, do these parts go inside the headlights I've already purchased? What about the corner lights? If I decide to go this way, I want to make sure I'm getting the right parts for a '96 GT if I go this way.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3181
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=240
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=14032

Thanks!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Everyones got the right to an opinion. I do think once I get hids and aim these they'll be set. I can't really justify the time and $$ to mess with them. I do have a 2nd set laying around that I might experiment with on the other hand

Win

Legend
Reaction score
OK, forgive the ignorance, do these parts go inside the headlights I've already purchased? What about the corner lights? If I decide to go this way, I want to make sure I'm getting the right parts for a '96 GT if I go this way.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3181
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=240
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=14032

Thanks!

No worries

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthrea...0-H1-Bixenon-Projector-Retrofit-in-Cobra-Reps

this is the write up i started and will update more this weekend when i do the black on the housings.

The projectors yes
Bulbs no
motocontrol yes

The HID system you will want is

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3959

you can do 35 or 55

Matt says the 5five will not have any harm on the Shrouds.

I chose to use there ebay site and [urchase stuff through there even though there local to me, I have purchased everything through there and saved 75 bucks off there website price.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Everyones got the right to an opinion. I do think once I get hids and aim these they'll be set. I can't really justify the time and $$ to mess with them. I do have a 2nd set laying around that I might experiment with on the other hand

Sorry on this my opinion is spot on! It's right and correct.... There as so many people that have purchased ebay projector headlights and said there a piece of shit compared to the Morimotos.

Shit dude youve spent how much time and BS with all the lights....

I am at 270 bucks and will have something with amazing output and done properly [MENTION=9866]Javi[/MENTION]

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=8860]Win[/MENTION] - Heres 2 shots showing the lights. Thats with stock bulbs, not upgraded. Add HIDs and aim them, they'll be even brighter. I'm happy with them. No other SN has them, so thats a plus too. I can see a lot more at night with these lights compared to stock, just need to aim them

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sorry on this my opinion is spot on! It's right and correct.... There as so many people that have purchased ebay projector headlights and said there a piece of shit compared to the Morimotos.

Shit dude youve spent how much time and BS with all the lights....

I am at 270 bucks and will have something with amazing output and done properly Javi

Just cause its your opinion doesn't mean its right.. I would never in a million years say my lights are a piece of shit, because they're not. Do I need Morimito projectors? No. I like my projectors and they're far from pieces of shit. Its my time and bs with my lights, not anybody elses so does it matter? 270 bucks? I'd be nuts to spend that on lights. Thats why there is different choices, so people can get what they like. Just the headlights alone were $85, so they're not super expensive but lets be realistic here.. You can get the same lights AM or Latemodel or any of these places sell for half the price if not less on ebay.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Win - Heres 2 shots showing the lights. Thats with stock bulbs, not upgraded. Add HIDs and aim them, they'll be even brighter. I'm happy with them. No other SN has them, so thats a plus too. I can see a lot more at night with these lights compared to stock, just need to aim them

proper projectors
the cutoff and scatter yours have honestly are horrible.

[video=youtube_share;o-Qq0k0Ak2c]http://youtu.be/o-Qq0k0Ak2c[/video]

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Just cause its your opinion doesn't mean its right.. I would never in a million years say my lights are a piece of shit, because they're not. Do I need Morimito projectors? No. I like my projectors and they're far from pieces of shit. Its my time and bs with my lights, not anybody elses so does it matter? 270 bucks? I'd be nuts to spend that on lights. Thats why there is different choices, so people can get what they like. Just the headlights alone were $85, so they're not super expensive but lets be realistic here.. You can get the same lights AM or Latemodel or any of these places sell for half the price if not less on ebay.

Reason being is b/c the projectors are not even up to par..... They take like the rejects that TRS refuses to sell.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Horrible cutoff and scatter? I guess I'm missing something.. They've never been aimed or adjusted at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.