Headlights

Makoto

Reaction score
Okay so im wrapping up this build and its headlight decision time. I like these but i HATE the big goofy seal on the back side. does anyone have experience with these? I'm thinking I can get them and make them fit with a better fitting seal but didn't want to spend the hundred bucks before asking around cause I am taking a risk on it.

I like how these fit on the green car. looks like he removed the seal and the lights just mount higher up which means I could fill in the gap at the bottom if necessary (which seems like a better route).

hl1.jpg

this poofy nonsense is just unacceptable.

hl2.jpg
Thoughts?

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
that seal is a pain in the ass , just removing from the plastic wrap in the box thay will come off , just that heads up
if it dose apply a really light coat of black rvt silicone to the back let dry cure , carefully install the mounts and i usually use the plastic retainers originals and install on the adjustment screws , the ones they send are somewhat junk , just line everything up till seated into position and adjust you might find yourself adjusting the fenders in or out depending body damage or not
good luck and take your time , i did spend more than a day on one of my cars , but they are very nice lights it gives it a face lift
sets the car off nice

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
the seal on yours do you still have them , if you do just silicone them back , and that will fill your gap at the top bring that light down a little bit more
if you dont have that seal go to AutoZone and get a box of there door seal , it is the same stuff thats on those lights

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the stock lights had the big goofy seal as well, it is how it was designed. The problem with the one piece lights is the more you line up the body lines the worse the aim will be on the light. You have to give in one area to make it better in the other.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
the stock lights had the big goofy seal as well, it is how it was designed. The problem with the one piece lights is the more you line up the body lines the worse the aim will be on the light. You have to give in one area to make it better in the other.

ugh i suspected as much. hmm. well thanks for the insight, fellas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online