heads?

Hicks

Reaction score
Enyone know what the GT-40 P heads r?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea they are a version of the GT40 head, and they require a special header too to fit. Its been a long time since I have heard anyone say anything about them.

Reaction score
Save up a little more and buy some Trickflow's, Edelbrock, or even AFR's if you save enough. Better to pay for things once, even if they are a little more expensive.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah just save up and spend some on a nice set of Heads. As Midnight_cobra said better to do it once and get it over with then having to do it over again. You will find that you get the urge to go faster and faster and the P's only flow so much. The AFR's are a great set thats what i am going to go with

Downshift

Reaction score
Im in a weird situation too. I want some new heads because I am sick of these POS. But I plan on going 351W in a 1 1/2-2 years. Which if I got like afr 165s they would be a little on the small side for a 351 and if I went bigger with some of the trickflows and 185s I would have to notch the pistons. My car has 111k on her and I dont have the time or to be honest money to rebuild the bottom end at the same time. Any suggestions or ideas? Thats why I was thinking about going gt40 or gt40p for now.

rj95svt

Reaction score
the gt40p's came on explorers from mid 97 and up. They can by identified by a GTP on the bottom right of each head by the head bolt. They have a slightly different combustion chamber and smaller exhaust valves than a standard gt40 but are slightly better. They also require different headers due to different plug angles. If all you want is a slightly better head than stock on a 302 they would be pretty good. I would reccomend a explorer intake as well because they are better than stockers. You'll have to use a 94-95 inlet adapter though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online