Heater Core Copper Inlet Tube

kenny150r

Reaction score
I hate heater cores. Especially in these mustangs. So mine was leaking, so I went ahead and paid to have someone professionally do it. However, I found that there was something leaking after the install as I was losing coolant somewhere, and it seemed to be coming from the inlet/output heater hoses going to the core through the firewall. Long story short, as I was working to get one of the hoses off, the copper pipe came off with the heater hose. The whole aluminum inlet pipe going into the heater core, that is attached with the core assembly, came off. I was wondering how I should go about fixing this... I really dont want to have to take out the heater core again. Such a pain... I'm not sure I can solder in that tight space, it would be impossible to get a torch in there.

Any input would be great!

chris91

Reaction score
I don't think there's any other option. Gonna have to replace that heater core again. Or just delete it if its just a fun car.

Or take it back to the guys that put a cheap ass heater core in it and *****!!!

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You have to take it all apart again. There's no other way.

Don't mess with trying to repair it either once you get it out. The replacement heater core is only like $25 or something. Save yourself another headache and just buy another.

OP
OP
K

kenny150r

Reaction score
Yeah the heater core is only $25... But the labor and time required for it is ridiculous. This is not that I wanted to hear... I guess I'll just have to bypass the core for now. Man. This sucks! Thank you guys for the input, if there's anything that comes up about maybe how to fix this without taking off the dash, I'd love to know haha. Thanks again

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know it sucks... I had to replace the heater core in my old car twice.

Good luck.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I had mine replaced in a few hours while messing around man.. It's not hard at all, just takes a little time and patience. The tube came off my old one so for the time being I grabbed a heater hose connector and connected the two hoses and ran without heat for a few months. Then when I finally replaced it I kicked myself for not having done it sooner lol. It's really easy just take your time and keep track of which bolt came from where. It looks a tad intimidating when you look inside your car and your dashboard is sitting on the floor LOL but believe me it's not too bad!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online