Heavy acceleration cuts out for a second

95gt444

Reaction score
95 gt stock long block, just pulled out of garage after winter storage. Runs strong 3rd gear pull about 5,000 rpms full throttle it cut out for a sec i backed off and back on was fine. Felt like maf was over run or fuel pump cut out. 50 degrees out. Any ideas??

Mods as follows:
bbk cai
bbk 75mm tb
trickflow street heat intake with elbow
bbk underdrive pullies
mac equal length shorty headers
mac offroad h pipe
flowmaster 40 catback
smog all gone but egr
a/c and p/s removed with flaming river rack
msd coil cap/ rotor
frpp 9mm wires
3.73 gears

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me in third gear about 2 weeks ago, I have similar mods, but everything seems fine

OP
OP

95gt444

Reaction score
Was driving car again today and seemed to be more frequent sometimes when cruising around 60mph like 2k rpms would hiccup for a sec when slight throttle applied. Was thinking of upgrading fuel pump and installing a bbk maf sensor?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with mine last year. What I discovered was that the Anderson power pipe was heavy enough that it had pulled just far enough off of the intake. I think the slight surging/stalling that it caused would help to reseat the rubber connector enough to seal air off for a few more seconds to operate normally.

OP
OP

95gt444

Reaction score
Dist. Is original, its not a misfire. Basically for a split second feels like it has no fuel or spark then all is fine. Happens maybe 2-3 times per 30 min drive. Did not do it all last year only mods done over winter were headers manual rack swap and got rid of charcoal canister and cruise. Canister line is capped and gas cap is vented style.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online