heel and toe

RichV

Reaction score
My 94 is like impossible to H&T downshift. Racing last weekend I learned this because of a very slow turn in the middle of the track. Luckily that high RPM shifting thing built into the ECU helps a little, but I just don't want to trash my tranny.

Any aftermarket stuff out there that works? Pedal covers/replacements? What do you other track guys do?

greenscobie86

Reaction score
You can raise the gas pedal up to be level with the brake pedal by taking the slack out of the throttle cable with a little plastic washer and a tiny clamp. Works like a charm, and writeups should be all over the net.

Look up at your gas pedal and you'll see what I mean.

I had the same problem, and it really pissed me off that i could heel/toe in my 97 jetta but not in my mustang :)

joekd

Reaction score
Yep, I couldn't do it in either of my Mustangs until I added the spacer to the throttle cable. 10 cent, 10 minute fix.

joekd

Reaction score
Clutch pedal isn't usually the issue since you will work that with your left foot and heel/toe the brake/gas with right

joekd

Reaction score
I's true but aftermarket clutch quadrants fix that issue (update, just noticed that product says an aftermarket quadrant must be used anyway so not sure whay you would need this at all)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got one of those from MM for my fox I don't really like it that much

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've come to realize I only like a few MM products. Suspension ones only there quadrants are garbage .

Cpotts13

Reaction score
You can raise the gas pedal up to be level with the brake pedal by taking the slack out of the throttle cable with a little plastic washer and a tiny clamp. Works like a charm, and writeups should be all over the net.

Look up at your gas pedal and you'll see what I mean.

I had the same problem, and it really pissed me off that i could heel/toe in my 97 jetta but not in my mustang :)

I did this and it made the accelerator really touchy, almost like i had a fast car or something 0____0

definitely worth it though, i think it cost me 3 dollars :p

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
I thought it was some silly ricer mod to get more throttle/hp lol. That's what this kid was claiming on a YouTube vid.

I guess it makes sense if you up the throttle pedal, it should be easier.

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Sorry the resurrect a 9 year old thread, but just picked up a 2002 Roush that I plan on using for open track days, and I too and having a nearly impossible time with heel toe downshifts... Does anyone have anything negative to report about this DIY mod? Really what I'm asking is will this mod cause issues over the long run? Also, the stock rubber pedal covers are split. Any recommendations on new covers? Stock replacement? Aftermarket metal covers?

Paladin1001

Reaction score
I got replacement pedal covers on amazon, they were cheap and have held up very well so far. Sorry no insight on the mod, the SN is my daughter's car now and it pretty much is stock and we haven't taken it to autocross (yet).

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I ordered a billet set from LMR. We'll see how they do!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online