Helicoil question.

Spartan86

Reaction score
Hey all, I've got a 96 GT with a helicoiled spark plug. I pulled all 8 plugs to do a compression test and unfortunately the helicoiled plug came out with the helicoil still on it. I'm wondering if I can just screw the plug back in as it is or if there's another solution. Or if I'm just SOL lol. I also got the compression tester adapter stuck in another spark plug hole, so I'm still working on getting that issue dealt with too. Yeah things didn't go my way yesterday :p.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The best solution for the helicoil is to have a shop put a lock n stitch in. The real fix is PI 8thread heads.

OP
OP
S

Spartan86

Reaction score
Well I just stuck it back in with a little loctite on it in the hopes that it won't back out on it's own and won't come out on the plug next time. I'll be sure to update if there's a catastrophic failure, but I'm more worried about the other 7 blowing out to be honest lol. Speaking of the other 7, compression was a consistent 110-120 psi across the board, that's pretty low but the motor was cold, it was a cheapo autozone compression tester loan and I'm just happy to see it's consistent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online