OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Hellion94 said:
TRUUBLE said:
You need to come to Phoenix for some test and tune . . . . I'll meet ya at the track. :thumb:

I totally will man. I'm going down to the shop to take some more pictures tomorrow, and to get some stuff from Hellion.

The car just needs wiring, and the headers installed and it will be able to start and be taken to the dyno and everything. So it's getting real close. But i'm sure one of the first places we will head is over to pheonix, or Las Vegas for some PSCA action.

The Phoenix PSCA race isn't until October . . .we need to line em up before then!! :pimp2:

Yeah, for sure.

I'm guessing the first place we will take it after it's sorted out a little is Vegas to get licensed

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Update!!!!

Here are some more shots of the interior:

2006_0316060004.jpg

With a steering wheel!

2006_0316060016.jpg

The wheel actually has 2 buttons built into the grips, which we can wire to the line loc and also the transbrake...

Here's the fuel pump mount, this picture also shows the plate that will mount our battery charging posts in the fuel door.

2006_0316060013.jpg

Here is our welded up spare tire area which will serve as a platform for the fuel cell as well as the battery box, also in this picture is our 'chute.

2006_0316060012.jpg

The back side all ready to get 'chuted:

2006_0316060011.jpg

Finally, we got our brakes in from Aerospace, and our 2 inch drop spindles from Racecraft, so my brother and I tackled the task of making the car an actual roller.

We had previously gotten matching front wheels with tires, and the car came with a coil over kit for the front, so all we had to do really was peice it together.

It took a couple of hours, but the results were well worth it:

2006_0316060014.jpg

That's all for now, I'll be back with more

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Yeah, for sure.

I'm guessing the first place we will take it after it's sorted out a little is Vegas to get licensed

Phoenix is closer!!!!

97blackgt

Reaction score
our school built a mustang drag car, as a special project.

looks similar to your car but its NA..i know it started as a 302 but im not sure what its bored to or stroked?, and its around 450HP to the wheels..they did the quarter mile in 11.01

its nice cause the rest of my automotive buddies all like chevys but that stang is the quickest O0

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Hellion94 said:
Yeah, for sure.

Phoenix is closer!!!!

Can we get the cage certified, and get our license signed in Pheonix? If so, then that would be a lot easier.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean when you say that you made it an actual roller?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Can we get the cage certified, and get our license signed in Pheonix? If so, then that would be a lot easier.

Yep. Lemme know when you wanna come and I'l set you up with Ed Brady for your chassis cert and we can get your license signed at either track.

Also . . if you need a spot to park your trailer while you're here, I live on an acre lot in Scottsdale that's enclosed and secure.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
What do you mean when you say that you made it an actual roller?

It didn't have front springs or brakes before, it was basically just resing on wheels, so after we did this work, it has a front suspension, and brakes, and matching wheels, and it rolled around.

TRUUBLE said:
Hellion94 said:

Yep. Lemme know when you wanna come and I'l set you up with Ed Brady for your chassis cert and we can get your license signed at either track.

Also . . if you need a spot to park your trailer while you're here, I live on an acre lot in Scottsdale that's enclosed and secure.

Awesome Tad, thanks a lot man, we are getting closer, so I'll let you know if we plan on heading out there.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
No problem.

I should probably make the first pass in it, though . . . . ;)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
No . . . really . . . . I think it would be best. :bunny3:

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
No . . . really . . . . I think it would be best. :bunny3:

You'd have to talk to my dad, as he's the one that funded most of it.

But then again, I doubt you'll (or anyone for that matter) would be able to pry my brother out of that thing once it's done.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
You'd have to talk to my dad, as he's the one that funded most of it.

But then again, I doubt you'll (or anyone for that matter) would be able to pry my brother out of that thing once it's done.

I'm bigger than your brother . . . :comando:

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
hahahaha

How big are you?

You may be bigger than him, but chances are you aren't bigger than me or my dad, not that it really matters....like we'll be fighting over the car or anything...right? :noes:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I'm 248 pounds . . . lol

I'm just messin . . . I wouldn't drive your car if you asked me too . . . I'd be afraid of hurtin it.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Haha, it's cool

248's pretty big.

I'm 6'6" and 210

and my dad's 6'2" and 285

I'm going to be soo nervous when it makes it's first pass, probably like every pass it makes, we have so much in that car.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I hear ya. I was nervous as hell when mine made the first pass . . . and it was my engine builder driving it . . lol.

Now . . . when I made MY first pass in it . . . I beat his ET and MPH . . . so I felt pretty good.

BTW . . .I'm only 5'9", so I have that low center of gravity thing goin . . . :pimp2:

Hicks

Reaction score
Hey one of you message me and explain what blueprint'ing an engine is???

Explain please???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell