Hellion's Build Thread

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
6
TRUUBLE said:
Hellion94 said:
TRUUBLE said:
You need to come to Phoenix for some test and tune . . . . I'll meet ya at the track. :thumb:

I totally will man. I'm going down to the shop to take some more pictures tomorrow, and to get some stuff from Hellion.

The car just needs wiring, and the headers installed and it will be able to start and be taken to the dyno and everything. So it's getting real close. But i'm sure one of the first places we will head is over to pheonix, or Las Vegas for some PSCA action.

The Phoenix PSCA race isn't until October . . .we need to line em up before then!! :pimp2:

Yeah, for sure.

I'm guessing the first place we will take it after it's sorted out a little is Vegas to get licensed
 
OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
6
Update!!!!

Here are some more shots of the interior:


2006_0316060004.jpg


With a steering wheel!


2006_0316060016.jpg



The wheel actually has 2 buttons built into the grips, which we can wire to the line loc and also the transbrake...


Here's the fuel pump mount, this picture also shows the plate that will mount our battery charging posts in the fuel door.


2006_0316060013.jpg



Here is our welded up spare tire area which will serve as a platform for the fuel cell as well as the battery box, also in this picture is our 'chute.


2006_0316060012.jpg



The back side all ready to get 'chuted:


2006_0316060011.jpg




Finally, we got our brakes in from Aerospace, and our 2 inch drop spindles from Racecraft, so my brother and I tackled the task of making the car an actual roller.

We had previously gotten matching front wheels with tires, and the car came with a coil over kit for the front, so all we had to do really was peice it together.

It took a couple of hours, but the results were well worth it:



2006_0316060014.jpg




That's all for now, I'll be back with more
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
9
Hellion94 said:
Yeah, for sure.

I'm guessing the first place we will take it after it's sorted out a little is Vegas to get licensed

Phoenix is closer!!!!
 

97blackgt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,064
Reaction score
2
our school built a mustang drag car, as a special project.

looks similar to your car but its NA..i know it started as a 302 but im not sure what its bored to or stroked?, and its around 450HP to the wheels..they did the quarter mile in 11.01

its nice cause the rest of my automotive buddies all like chevys but that stang is the quickest O0
 
OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
6
TRUUBLE said:
Hellion94 said:
Yeah, for sure.

I'm guessing the first place we will take it after it's sorted out a little is Vegas to get licensed

Phoenix is closer!!!!

Can we get the cage certified, and get our license signed in Pheonix? If so, then that would be a lot easier.
 

Red96GT

Legend
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
5,374
Reaction score
1
What do you mean when you say that you made it an actual roller?
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
9
Hellion94 said:
Can we get the cage certified, and get our license signed in Pheonix? If so, then that would be a lot easier.

Yep. Lemme know when you wanna come and I'l set you up with Ed Brady for your chassis cert and we can get your license signed at either track.

Also . . if you need a spot to park your trailer while you're here, I live on an acre lot in Scottsdale that's enclosed and secure.
 
OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
6
Red96GT said:
What do you mean when you say that you made it an actual roller?

It didn't have front springs or brakes before, it was basically just resing on wheels, so after we did this work, it has a front suspension, and brakes, and matching wheels, and it rolled around.

TRUUBLE said:
Hellion94 said:
Can we get the cage certified, and get our license signed in Pheonix? If so, then that would be a lot easier.

Yep. Lemme know when you wanna come and I'l set you up with Ed Brady for your chassis cert and we can get your license signed at either track.

Also . . if you need a spot to park your trailer while you're here, I live on an acre lot in Scottsdale that's enclosed and secure.

Awesome Tad, thanks a lot man, we are getting closer, so I'll let you know if we plan on heading out there.
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
9
No problem.


I should probably make the first pass in it, though . . . . ;)
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
9
No . . . really . . . . I think it would be best. :bunny3:
 
OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
6
TRUUBLE said:
No . . . really . . . . I think it would be best. :bunny3:

You'd have to talk to my dad, as he's the one that funded most of it.

But then again, I doubt you'll (or anyone for that matter) would be able to pry my brother out of that thing once it's done.
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
9
Hellion94 said:
You'd have to talk to my dad, as he's the one that funded most of it.

But then again, I doubt you'll (or anyone for that matter) would be able to pry my brother out of that thing once it's done.

I'm bigger than your brother . . . :comando:
 
OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
6
hahahaha

How big are you?

You may be bigger than him, but chances are you aren't bigger than me or my dad, not that it really matters....like we'll be fighting over the car or anything...right? :noes:
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
9
I'm 248 pounds . . . lol

I'm just messin . . . I wouldn't drive your car if you asked me too . . . I'd be afraid of hurtin it.
 
OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
6
Haha, it's cool

248's pretty big.

I'm 6'6" and 210

and my dad's 6'2" and 285

I'm going to be soo nervous when it makes it's first pass, probably like every pass it makes, we have so much in that car.
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
9
I hear ya. I was nervous as hell when mine made the first pass . . . and it was my engine builder driving it . . lol.

Now . . . when I made MY first pass in it . . . I beat his ET and MPH . . . so I felt pretty good.

BTW . . .I'm only 5'9", so I have that low center of gravity thing goin . . . :pimp2:
 

Hicks

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
3,131
Reaction score
1
Hey one of you message me and explain what blueprint'ing an engine is???

Explain please???
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
77,354
Messages
1,499,944
Members
14,845
Latest member
willslape

Members online

Top