Hellion's Build Thread

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
I haven't gotten any new pictures, I can tell you we are currently laying out the wiring diagram for the car as weel as redoing the fuel system to a more efficient design. But that's about all that's going on now, the car has moved from John's shop up to my brothers house, So I might be able to go take some more pics.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Thanks man.

I've been forgetting my camera everytime I go to my brother's house, but for the last couple of weekends, we have been making major pushes in getting the car finished.

We recently recieved our Painless wiring engine harness, and today we installed it, at least about 80 percent of the way. WE got it routed, wropped, and secured. We also wired up our control panel, and we now have functioning lights, water pump, fan, and fuel pump. All that's left to do is this:

-Bleed the brakes
-Finish the wiring
-finish installing the boost guage
-install distributor
-check fuel system for leaks

That's all that's left to do before we fire it up!

I'm so pumped. this next weekend should be the one when we get to hear it run for the first time. I'll be sure to have my camera.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Are you still thinking about bringin it out here for chassis cert and licensing? Lemme know and I can grease the rails for you ahead of time.

I should have my nitrous installed by the time you get here . . so we could have some fun. :D

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
yeah we were Tad. The car should run this next weekend, then in a couple of weeks it'll be off to the dyno, then the shakedown and licensing passes will begin, so I'll let you know before hand.

Once it gets settled in a little bit, the 160lb. hr. injectors will go in and the 2.5 inch pulley will go on and we will really see what this thing is made of. We're hoping for 1,000 to the wheels.

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
yeah we were Tad. The car should run this next weekend, then in a couple of weeks it'll be off to the dyno, then the shakedown and licensing passes will begin, so I'll let you know before hand.

Once it gets settled in a little bit, the 160lb. hr. injectors will go in and the 2.5 inch pulley will go on and we will really see what this thing is made of. We're hoping for 1,000 to the wheels.

wow

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Yeah. I don't think it's unachievable, but it's kind of a long shot with this combo. But if we can get the belt to hold at 30psi and get the tune right, I think it could happen.

Most of the 306-310 inch combos in this class push about 800-900 to the wheels, so I figure with all the same parts as those motors, but with a bigger engine, it could happen.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Re: Hellion's Build Thread (New pics from the dyno)

Here are a couple of teaser pics from our dyno session last weekend. Hopefully there will be more pretty soon, I'm just waiting on the guy that took them (his name is Will Fox) to get them to me.

Here they are:

1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Hicks

Reaction score
Re: Hellion's Build Thread (New pics from the dyno)

Hellion94 said:
Here are a couple of teaser pics from our dyno session last weekend. Hopefully there will be more pretty soon, I'm just waiting on the guy that took them (his name is Will Fox) to get them to me.

Here they are:

1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Very nice!! Vids plz

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Nice write-up!! O0

I wonder if they'll write anything about our upcoming showdown? :pimp2:

I'll give them the lead in:

"The long anticipated 'Duel in the Desert' between Craig Berry's Procharged Renegade 94 coupe and Tad Woods' nitrous sniffing, alcohol powered 95 vert finally went down at Speedworld Motorplex in Surprise, Arizona. The race ended up more like a clinic as Woods repeatedly spanked Berry like an errant child. Let's just say that Berry got a very nice view of Woods' chute deployment technique.

After the best of five race (which Woods won convincingly by putting Berry on the trailer in three) Berry was quoted as saying: 'Well . . . it's hard to compete with that many cubes on spray and Alky. I've said before I thought he would edge me out. I just didn't expect it to be this bad.'

Woods ran a best of 8.62 at 167 to Berry's 9.21 at 148."

Hicks

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Nice write-up!! O0

I wonder if they'll write anything about our upcoming showdown? :pimp2:

I'll give them the lead in:

"The long anticipated 'Duel in the Desert' between Craig Berry's Procharged Renegade 94 coupe and Tad Woods' nitrous sniffing, alcohol powered 95 vert finally went down at Speedworld Motorplex in Surprise, Arizona. The race ended up more like a clinic as Woods repeatedly spanked Berry like an errant child. Let's just say that Berry got a very nice view of Woods' chute deployment technique.

After the best of five race (which Woods won convincingly by putting Berry on the trailer in three) Berry was quoted as saying: 'Well . . . it's hard to compete with that many cubes on spray and Alky. I've said before I thought he would edge me out. I just didn't expect it to be this bad.'

Woods ran a best of 8.62 at 167 to Berry's 9.21 at 148."

lol, yet u run low 10's ????? jkjk
^_^

WHen u ganna have the spray etc. on trubble?
How close are the 2 cars

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hicks said:
How close are the 2 cars

The spray will probably go on next week. The cars might be fairly close, but I do expect to turn on the win light. :boink:

Hicks

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Hicks said:
How close are the 2 cars

The spray will probably go on next week. The cars might be fairly close, but I do expect to turn on the win light. :boink:

Doesnt he have like 10 turbos on his car tho? :hammer:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hicks said:

Nah . . he's got a Procharger F1 on a 347. A 300 shot on a 427 alky motor should probably make a little more power.

Hicks

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Hicks said:

Nah . . he's got a Procharger F1 on a 347. A 300 shot on a 427 alky motor should probably make a little more power.

wait..
300 shot??
Where do you find that kindof kit man?
I've heard of 50/75/100/120/150/200

But 300..?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Hicks

Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics