Hello everyone, 94 GT from Austria

GTamas

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been reading the forum for some time, so thought I will post a short introduction now.

My name is Tamas, I have a 94 Mustang GT convertible, which my mother bought new back then and now I took it over from her as the car has just been sitting in the garage for the past 5-6 years. I live in Vienna, Austria.

I've been a US-car fan from my teenage years.
At one point I had a 79 Pontiac TransAm which I rebuilt mostly myself, it was a great learning experience and I loved the car, but had to sell it 10 years ago. Now I'm thrilled to get back to driving a US V8 car again.

The Mustang ist basically all stock, with 56k miles on it. I intend to keep it that way. It's a black car with tan interior and top. I have yet to do a recent photo of it, I will post it here later.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
You're going to have to take a drive out into one of those magically beautiful valleys that Austria is littered with and snap some pics of the car against that backdrop. I think if you don't the whole world might just end. ;)

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Curious about how you came by the car. Very rarely do I see a Mustang out here in west Germany. Never thought I'd see one in Austria, so that is cool.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Does it get a lot of looks there? I remember when we got our 94 it was only the 2nd sn in town at the time and in a small midwest town for about 2 or 3 months(till they were everywhere) it felt like I was in a ferrari with all the looks and comments it got.

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
Well, my mother bought the car new in 95 from a German dealer (The car was manufactured in February 94 though) and imported it to Hungary where we lived at that time. She used it as a daily driver in the sunny seasons and sure it got a lot of looks. US cars were rare, especially new ones.
She stoped using the car like 10 years ago and about the same time I moved to Austria. I just moved the car here 3 weeks ago and it has been sitting in the garage most of the time due to a separated rear window, so I haven't been much on the road with it yet, but already got some compliments, how cool the car looks. Although I think most people here don't recognize it as a Mustang without seeing the Pony on the front.

I just finished stapling back the window element to the top rail, luckily the fabric was not torn, only the old staples were not holding anymore. While the rear interior panels and seats were removed I also installed new speakers and laid the wires for an amp in the trunk. Next up is connecting everything to the amp and the head unit. I will install a little self-made switchbox to switch between the factory stereo and an AUX Bluetooth interface. So now I to start driving it more often.

Next plans are replacing the stock clutch quadrant and clutch cable, adding a shirt throw shifter, changing transmission and differential oils and polishing the very faded taillights. Oh and the new flexible fuel lines are also on the way to replace the factory ones just to be safe.

b1pig

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Need I mention that I have a strong desire to own a KTM 990 ADV? :cool:

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Need I mention that I have a strong desire to own a KTM 990 ADV? :cool:
Not very common sight here in the city, but there is one sometimes parking around the corner here.

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
I finally finished putting together the stereo and had the chance to drive to the car wash. So I shot some photos...
20230603_223528.jpg
20230603_223435.jpg20230603_222335.jpg
20230603_222430.jpg

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
We need to ship homeboy some lowering springs.

mmm... those tribars.
Yeah, stock ride height.... but I plan to register it next year as a classic car when it turns 30 and I need to research if I can pass the inspection with lowered suspension.

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
How much lower is recommended that already looks good, but doesn't scream "modified"? I guess lowering springs in black wouldn't look suspicious for a tech inspector that is not familiar with sn95s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online