Hello everyone, 94 GT from Austria

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
How much lower is recommended that already looks good, but doesn't scream "modified"? I guess lowering springs in black wouldn't look suspicious for a tech inspector that is not familiar with sn95s?

1.5”

-shock-strut-w-sve-lowering-springs-94-04_a8b130f9.jpg

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
Thank you guys. That 1,5" looks good on the silver stang. What rim sizes are those?

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
I will keep the tribars with stock tire sizes, but I think I will start to check if I can do a 1-1,5" lowering. Austrian authorities are super strict on modifications. You basically can't even put a different wheel and tire size on your car if it is not specially mentioned in manufacturer docs. You would have to let it specially approved. Same with all other modifications... but I guess they don't have much data on SN95s and would not notice a mild lowering, if the spring and shocks are painted black.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I will keep the tribars with stock tire sizes, but I think I will start to check if I can do a 1-1,5" lowering. Austrian authorities are super strict on modifications. You basically can't even put a different wheel and tire size on your car if it is not specially mentioned in manufacturer docs. You would have to let it specially approved. Same with all other modifications... but I guess they don't have much data on SN95s and would not notice a mild lowering, if the spring and shocks are painted black.
Remind me not to move to Austria then.... Damz

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Same thing in Germany. I feel sorry for Europeans in general. And damn, do they pay big.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they give the cars a heck of an inspection every year to certify they are road ready. They will measure, not look if it looks to low.

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
I shot some photos at our local football field today. I will try it next time when there is a game going, but it's hard to find a free parking spot then...
20230816_213646.jpg
20230816_213921.jpg
20230816_213735.jpg
20230816_135818.jpg

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
There's something refreshingly classy about a bone stock and clean SN95 convertable rocking tribar wheels and OEM ride height. It's a kind of suave understatement with undertones of muscularity rather than the overt and unrefined muscular brutishness that they can be made to express. Diggin it!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Shit, glad you're still alive Redneck. I heard times in S. Africa are getting a bit... dicey.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Shit, glad you're still alive Redneck. I heard times in S. Africa are getting a bit... dicey.
It's Africa... times are always dicey. You just have to watch your p's and q's, don't wave around any excess food/water/valuables and understand the cultures. It also helps to have a mean streak a mile wide, a gun in your waistband and to not go to insecure places alone. Kinda like General Mattis says: "Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." To be fair, where my place is located is one where, even if you had 1000 hard killers by your side, the odds of getting far enough down my road to become as much of a threat to the farm's inhabitants as the inhabitants are to the invaders is vanishingly small. Before the baddies get that far they're in lethal danger for half an hour to 45 minutes at minimum. That's a long time to be under accurate and effective fire. It's also in a part of the country where the Zulu/Shona/Xhosa/Sisulu/etc..., the Bantu-stan tribes that are the aggressive ones, don't live. They're 800 miles away. Around us are mixed blood and khoi-san speakers which don't have the militancy of the others.

Malema (the one making the news in ZA lately) is always singing "kill the boer" and saying they're going to take the land (really the farms) from the whites. He knows that it's a forlorn idea. It's not that there's not a lot of people willing to use force to do the deed. It's that their ability to deliver force is limited to fairly short distances and the second the bodies start piling up they lose their desire to press forward. They also know that the current landowners are the only ones that know how to operate a farm. It was tried with a giant mango farm. In two years the farm was a barren desert and the former workers learned about starvation and economics. Zimbabwe already learned about it. They did the land grab thing from the farmers. Then there was famine and economic collapse and they begged the white farmers to come back but the farmers declined and Zim is still paying the price as an essentially collapsed state.

For my part, I didn't start down this road to be safe. It was a divine calling. Took me some time to realize that but I finally did. Somewhere between August and December of 2025 I'll leave the USA forever to attend to the destiny that Elohim has guided me to.

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
My car was built on 12th Feb 1994, so by now it actually turned 30 years old. :)

I will try to find a photo when my mother got it as a new car in 94, but I will have to dig through paper photos. Oldest digital photo I found is from 2002:
P6050031.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online