Hello from Georgia

bobcat

Reaction score
Fairly new to mustangs. I've owned countless rides and muscle cars over the years and now I bought my first mustang. A 96 Cobra convertible. While body is in great shape and has fairly low miles for the age, it needs some work. I have restored several vehicles and truly enjoy the challenges that come from diy projects. I will be surfing this forum alot as it progresses. Look forward to learning from all the combined experience on here.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Welcome and good luck on getting it looking and running great again. Post up a few pictures when you get a minute

oilspill

Reaction score
welcome! I am in atlanta so always good to see more mustang people in the area! Got a closet full of parts if you find yourself looking for anything for the sn95!

OP
OP
B

bobcat

Reaction score
Thanks oilspill! May definitely take you up on it. I have to replace the top and paint it. Have new sailcloth for top already. Also have a skip to figure out. Already did plugs and wires. No difference. Have new injectors on the way. If that doesn't work I guess I'll do coil packs. I hate that cause previous owner put msd packs on it. We'll see.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Thanks oilspill! May definitely take you up on it. I have to replace the top and paint it. Have new sailcloth for top already. Also have a skip to figure out. Already did plugs and wires. No difference. Have new injectors on the way. If that doesn't work I guess I'll do coil packs. I hate that cause previous owner put msd packs on it. We'll see.
Coil packs are a common source of failure. Try and find some OEM ones. They typically hold up best

Connie

Reaction score
Fairly new to mustangs. I've owned countless rides and muscle cars over the years and now I bought my first mustang. A 96 Cobra convertible. While body is in great shape and has fairly low miles for the age, it needs some work. I have restored several vehicles and truly enjoy the challenges that come from diy projects. I will be surfing this forum alot as it progresses. Look forward to learning from all the combined experience on here.
Hello Bobcat. Thanks for joining. We LOVE Mustangs and have two. My husbands '03 GT he bought new, and my '04 Mach1 we bought in 2007. Were north of Atlanta, the Acworth area. We belong to 'Georgia Regional Mustang Club'. And we meet every 3rd Sunday every month, at the 'Hudson Grille' Cobb Place Ln., Exit 269 off I-75. Join if you wish. You'll be welcomed for sure. Just as here on SN95.

Attachments

• DSC00049 (2).JPG
    DSC00049 (2).JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00044 (2).JPG
    DSC00044 (2).JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 9

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum from your neighbor to the east. Congratulations on the acquisition as well. If memory serves, some of the '96 Cobras had an overheating issue. IIRC, there was even a recall or TSB on the issue. May be something you want to check out or at least keep a close eye on until you are sure yours does not suffer from this issue. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Lots of very knowledgeable folks here and all are willing to help. Welcome.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Welcome.

FL here (currently in Germany). Looks like we shop at the same place, I too have a 96 Cobra vert. Fun cars, very little problems, strangely reliable despite what we ask of them!

Attachments

• 20160521_212322.jpg
    20160521_212322.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online