Hello from Switzerland

Danfixxer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just got a 1996 GT it is completely stock, and that has to change. I have a lot of plans for it, but not the money to fulfill them. I just got it in a very good price for the market in here, the problem is that is an auto transmission car, so I would like to change that. This is going to be my daily driver and this next weekend am going to do a lot already on it. Cobra brakes upgrade in the front (rear is coming in the near future), new water pump, radiator, thermostat and hoses, new spark plugs and wires, new suspension ball joints, inner tie rods and tie rod ends, new shocks, struts and quad shocks, oil service and filters, and I have non functional fog lights (I have to check that up)and all lights and power in the console is out. This is just to make it roadworthy, the mods are coming as soon as I can. I will try to take some pictures and post them.

Venompower

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just got a 1996 GT it is completely stock, and that has to change. I have a lot of plans for it, but not the money to fulfill them. I just got it in a very good price for the market in here, the problem is that is an auto transmission car, so I would like to change that. This is going to be my daily driver and this next weekend am going to do a lot already on it. Cobra brakes upgrade in the front (rear is coming in the near future), new water pump, radiator, thermostat and hoses, new spark plugs and wires, new suspension ball joints, inner tie rods and tie rod ends, new shocks, struts and quad shocks, oil service and filters, and I have non functional fog lights (I have to check that up)and all lights and power in the console is out. This is just to make it roadworthy, the mods are coming as soon as I can. I will try to take some pictures and post them.
Welcome! Sounds like you have a plan for getting it going, plenty of time to mod it once it's running well!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
man I do not remember that much space in the fenders between the tires when mine was stock, but that was a few years ago now...

OP
OP
Danfixxer

Danfixxer

Reaction score
man I do not remember that much space in the fenders between the tires when mine was stock, but that was a few years ago now...
Yes, she needs lowering springs!!!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
To think at one time we thought that ride height was acceptable. Its 4x4ish now in todays time. Heck my car has lowing springs and i feel like its ride height is to much. Dont misunderstand me here your car looks great and its awesome you found a beautiful completely stock car, but dang what was ford thinking.

Welcome to the forums!

OP
OP
Danfixxer

Danfixxer

Reaction score
Welcome! I just sent some parts to a Mustang shop in Benken.
Cool that’s close to Zurich it’s the German side of Switzerland, up there (the German side) there’s a lot more garages that work with American cars. I live at Sion is the French side of the country and even though we have a lot of American muscle cars in the region there are not to many places that know how to work on them.

OP
OP
Danfixxer

Danfixxer

Reaction score
To think at one time we thought that ride height was acceptable. Its 4x4ish now in todays time. Heck my car has lowing springs and i feel like its ride height is to much. Dont misunderstand me here your car looks great and its awesome you found a beautiful completely stock car, but dang what was ford thinking.

Welcome to the forums!
I completely agree with you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online