Hello From the heart of N.C!

3.8L_Aaron

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Aaron. I'm from the center of the Piedmont of North Carolina. I'm certainly not new to cars, as I did my first motor swap when I was 14 years old (H22a into a '91 crx for my brother in law). Most of my cars have been Japanese, but I've been working in autobody restoration since I was 17, so domestic vehicles, especially muscle cars, have become quite familiar to me over the years. My dad had a '73 SS Nova, but my love for unibody muscle cars came from the darker side of the spectrum; Mustangs! As far back as I can remember have loved Mustangs, even Mutang II's lol. I have a 1996 Explorer XLT 2wd with a 5.0L that has trick flow gt40 heads and intake, b303 cam and its been tuned. But more recently I have acquired a '95 Stang 5 speed 3.8L, and I know the 3.8's aren't the greatest, but honestly if you love stangs like I do, having any kind, no matter the driveline, will "trip your trigger" :thumbsup: I know it wouldn't be too hard to swap in my 5.0 but I kind of like the 3.8 thus far. It seems to be a pretty well rounded engine, and its quite surprising in the torque department. I don't have the Mustang on the road as of yet, but it should be soon. Poor thing needs some paint, but I think its the perfect platform to start with. Have any other questions, send me a pm. Later :wave:

Mods, sorry if the pics are too big, not used to the new photobucket yet.

OP
OP

3.8L_Aaron

Reaction score
I appreciate it, I'm in to drifting, so my first mods will be suspension based and then wheels/tires thereafter. If anyone has done some sliding in the sn95 body fell free to chime in, all criticism welcomed.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome to the asylum.
looks a little rough around the edges but at least it's straight.
WE have a few members into drifting heir SN's.

OP
OP

3.8L_Aaron

Reaction score
That's awesome! Hopefully I'll find them soon, or if ya'll know them, point 'em my way :party36:

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your progress on this build. Cool you are bringing this car back to life. Good luck!

OP
OP

3.8L_Aaron

Reaction score
Thanks, I have a obd2 explorer 5.0L that's just sitting here at the house, it runs perfect, so naturally I'm trying to see what kind of fun I can have with swapping it in :headbang:

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There is definitely potential in the v6s that most people don't see. Good luck and keep us posted

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! Looks like you have yourself a project there! Feel free to hop over to the projects section and start a new thread if you have some plans for the car ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online