Hello SN95 People. Thank you for the great website.

gofastbobby

Reaction score
Hello I am Bob. I have a problem that can be summed up in one word, mustang. I currently own a '95 Mustang GT, pictured below. I have previously owned four other mustangs. A 91GT, 81 LX notchback, 89 lx nothcback and a 99 GT.

About the current pony though, it's a '95 GT, automatic. The car is well optioned from the factory, ac, cruise, power windows, power locks, mach460 sound, leather seats.

I feel like this should be a project post, but since I'm new I thought it best to start off by introducing myself and why I am here. I added another thread in the project area. So please head over there and offer me advice tips or tricks on how to make the car suck less. http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?65412-Project-Ole-Girl-95-GT

Believe me, this car is ugly as sin. I picked it up from a friend last year as it turned out to be too much of a project for his family. Some days when I look at the car, I agree with him. The interior is bad, all the leather seats are torn and need to be replaced. As far as I can tell the car has been hit on all sides. both sides of the car have been repainted at some point. The passenger door was replaced, why I don't know, with a manual window door/locks and then very poorly painted. There are dents on both of the quarter panels, scratches and peeling paint on both bumpers, chips and scratches on the hood and to top it all off the original paint that does remain is very faded.

So. Those of you with sharp eyes have noticed this car has the wrong wheels on it. They '05-later gt wheels, three of them silver in color, one gunmetal. The wheels have the wrong offset, the wrong tires and even one oddball mismatched tire. With this package the car is an inch narrower, and sits an inch higher than it should be.

If you are getting the impression by now that some previous owner mistakenly thought he was a mechanic, you are not alone. Let's talk "custom" sidepipe exhaust. Picture dude cutting off the end of the hpipe, clamping on some 2.5" exhaust tube with a 90 degree bend and out the side of the car right before the rear tire. All that custom exhaust work has been hung up with your trusty coat hanger and mechanics wire. oddly, it sounds pretty good. but definitely has to go.

Ok. From here I am just going to say it's been a struggle to get it fixed up and back to working order, as of today the car runs well and drives ok too. The car really is a completely different ride now, and I am very happy with it. However, it is still a heavy and slow SN95 automatic.

I have broken my future mods into three categories as follows:

Short term: lose weight.

Not so short term: add necessary mods to help the car turn, stop and perform well.

Long term: Add Power and swap to manual transmission. and some day way down the road, maybe give the old hurt pony a better appearance.

So without making a long, sad mustang story longer, I give you Ole Girl.

2AE91171-0A6C-4AAF-A7DD-0E3D9EDC740F-1115-000000D146358D26_zps7752cd1f.jpg

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Bob. Looks like a nice foundation for a cool project. Good luck with it, and keep us updated!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to the community Bob! There is a ton of useful info here as well as helpful people!! Looks like you have your work cut out on the car for sure.

OP
OP
gofastbobby

gofastbobby

Reaction score
oh man, do I ever have my work cut out for me. Of all the mustang's I've had, this one was the closest to the scrap yard.

I just started a build thread, so I will keep the conversation, pictures and general hilarity going for hopefully a long time.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome to the madness Bob.
Of all the faults, it's still pretty clean on the outside. good luck with it.

OP
OP
gofastbobby

gofastbobby

Reaction score
welcome to the madness Bob.
Of all the faults, it's still pretty clean on the outside. good luck with it.

Thank you. The 40ft view makes it look better than it really is. After I get it cleaned up from the weight reduction it's seen this week, I'll snap a few close up pics and show you all the ugly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online