Hello!

nsbdrum

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Nick and I recently purchased this 1996 Mustang GT. This is my first rwd car, I previously had a Fiesta ST and a Mazdaspeed 3. I do a bit of autocross and I’m wanting to get the mustang setup for handling eventually. So far I’ve been getting the car caught up on maintenance and have replaced some worn out suspension parts. Also got a pair of the horizontal taillights because they look awesome imo. I have a cobra brake swap for the front and Taurus calipers for the rear ready to go on soon as well as some cobra wheels. Really enjoying the car and look forward to learning more about mustangs.

Attachments

• 8641BE9F-AD5B-4D63-B990-DBA4ECDB396E.jpeg
    8641BE9F-AD5B-4D63-B990-DBA4ECDB396E.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
is that a sun roof .its been a long time i seen a sun roof on a mustang , maybe I'm seeing things

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
Welcome! SN95 Mustangs can be extremely capable autocross cars with the right mods. I've autocrossed my 2000 GT and my 2004 V6 for years. You will love autocrossing your Mustang. I've got a bunch of videos about autocross performance mods & driving tips on my YT channel that you might find helpful. Here's a link:

If you have any questions about setting the car up for autocross, please ask; I'm always happy to help.

OP
OP
nsbdrum

nsbdrum

Reaction score
Welcome! SN95 Mustangs can be extremely capable autocross cars with the right mods. I've autocrossed my 2000 GT and my 2004 V6 for years. You will love autocrossing your Mustang. I've got a bunch of videos about autocross performance mods & driving tips on my YT channel that you might find helpful. Here's a link:

If you have any questions about setting the car up for autocross, please ask; I'm always happy to help.
Subbed! Looks like some great content.

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
Subbed! Looks like some great content.
Thanks! I try to cover as many aspects of autocrossing 79-04 Mustangs as possible. I make sure to include instruction in all of my results videos, I do my best to show that ANY 79-04 Mustang can be a capable autocross car, and I hope I've been able to prove that you don't need an aftermarket K-member or coil-overs to build a competitive autocross Mustang.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Nick and I recently purchased this 1996 Mustang GT. This is my first rwd car, I previously had a Fiesta ST and a Mazdaspeed 3. I do a bit of autocross and I’m wanting to get the mustang setup for handling eventually. So far I’ve been getting the car caught up on maintenance and have replaced some worn out suspension parts. Also got a pair of the horizontal taillights because they look awesome imo. I have a cobra brake swap for the front and Taurus calipers for the rear ready to go on soon as well as some cobra wheels. Really enjoying the car and look forward to learning more about mustangs.
A 96 gt and you’re putting horizontal lights in it?

I’m pretty sure you’re going to be banned. Don’t get too comfortable around here with that attitude.

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you. Even if you do like horizontal tails.

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. Lots of very knowledgeable folks here so reach out if you need any help or information...glad to help.

Maximum95

Reaction score
Fantastic looking ride! That has always been one of my favorite colors. Also, looks like you're already set up with a Cobra hood and bumper? I'd love some more photos!

OP
OP
nsbdrum

nsbdrum

Reaction score
Fantastic looking ride! That has always been one of my favorite colors. Also, looks like you're already set up with a Cobra hood and bumper? I'd love some more photos!
Yeah, I didn't realize the previous owner installed those cobra parts until someone else commented on it. I've ditched the chrome wheels for some Cobra reps that I painted silver (they were black and chrome). Have done a few other mods as well since this post. Ford Racing lowering springs made a big difference, the previous owner had some ebay springs on the car. Also did the brakes I mentioned above. Car is currently not running, I swapped the intake manifold for the PI and one of the heater hoses ruptured, filling the spark plug holes with coolant. Ever since then I've had what seems like a bad misfire. Also have a high idle (~2k rpm) after changing to a 75mm TB with a new plenum. Currently have a new IAC, TPS, and plug wires on order. Hoping those parts as well as getting the coolant out of the plug holes will get me up and running agin. I still love the Mustang, but I am glad I have a reliable daily to get me around town for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online