Help a brother out: Performance mods or Exterior right now?!

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Car looks great, I'd focus on the engine.

However I'm not a fan of a blower or nitrous on a street car, more to worry about, more possibility of part failure

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
How much of the work can you do yourself? Are you confident pulling the engine? How about disassembling the engine? Taking the intake off?

Your car is super nice and if you have done all the work/modifications yourself then I have no dought in my mind that you are more than capable of any internal engine modifications.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
The 4v's may have the same mounting points. I would call procharger. They were very helpful when I had a question for them.
Confirmed its a different bracket. I will, but they are closed on weekends. This deal is supposed to happen this weekend. Don't want to delay my friend as he is moving to FL next week and don't want to waste his time if he can sell it to someone else.

I think the car looks good as it sits. I would ad a blower and enjoy driving it. I'm not sure what differences there are between the termi engine and yours but you might be able to put the termi blower on your engine, I've seen them for sale cheap and with some port work it would definitely boost the power output.
It looks ok. Just wish it was lower to give it some sort of wow factor. Termi engine uses C heads, mine uses B heads. Eaton won't sit atop without the C heads. A c head swap and eaton would cost almost as much as a new centri. Thanks for the response!

Car looks great, I'd focus on the engine.

However I'm not a fan of a blower or nitrous on a street car, more to worry about, more possibility of part failure
Well its not my DD, so its not that much of an issues. I drive it twice a week, Sat to car shows and Sunday to church.

How much of the work can you do yourself? Are you confident pulling the engine? How about disassembling the engine? Taking the intake off?

Your car is super nice and if you have done all the work/modifications yourself then I have no dought in my mind that you are more than capable of any internal engine modifications.
Never unassembled a motor before but I did swap my engine in my truck onto another chassis followed by the body swap. Mods in sig all done in my garage minus the gears. I think I can do a blower install though, but I wouldn't attempt a motor build. I'm not quite there yet.

Boost!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the way to go! lol Just wish I had a GT 5.0 pushrod so a blower and hci set up would be cheaper than the value of my car lol.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of a blower or nitrous on a street car, more to worry about, more possibility of part failure

So you wouldn't like a terminator? They came from the factory with a blower, ya know...

97Junkstang_cobra

Reaction score
So you wouldn't like a terminator? They came from the factory with a blower, ya know...

yeah I mean whether or not its boosted regardless the more power you make the more likely a part failure. So if you want a car you dont worry about throwing the rod out of buy a civic :laughing5:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online