Help AeroCatch Hood Pins crush the cheap counterfeiters

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You might remember my recent post showing the quality of some of the parts I have installed. Today is no different but with a little more of a cause, safety. Hopefully you remember the AeroCatch Hood Pins I installed as it has come to my attention that there are some cheap imitations available now and when the time comes that your hood pins really matter, they will fail. https://driiive.com/ttocs/1994FordMustangGT/#!/timeline/2989
I have been in touch with the nice folks of AeroCatch now since I got those because I was wanting to use no fasteners for a seem less install on my carbon fiber hood. I sent them an email to the general "contact us" email link and was happy to get a quick response saying a good epoxy works great on carbon fiber. After that I ended up with the work shown above and could not be happier knowing its safe, and looks cool. But as things go in today's world someone saw a great produt and realized they could make it for less. Its not hard to copy a product for less money when quality isn't taken into account and price is the only priority. They don't care if it fails or what happens when it does so saving a few bucks on the purchase price could end up costing who knows how much? Here is a perfect example of an AeroCatch brand hood pins on an SN95 mustang no less that was in an accident.

Wreck2.jpg

As you can see here it took a heck of an impact but the hood held tight because of the AeroCatch Hood Pins. The cheap counterfeits look similar but tests have shown that they will fail at %25 of the load of what the real AeroCatch brand can take. There is a reason that the real thing is the choice of top manufacturers and race teams from around the world and its because its a quality product that they know will hold tight. If you decide to upgrade and go with AeroCatch Hood Pins be sure its from an authorized dealer to know you are getting the real thing. More info is available here below or I will be happy to answer what I can.
http://www.aerocatch.com/counterfeits-warning

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure that people could comment on a number of parts added to the car but at least he knew where to spend it where it counted....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure what was going on there but its fixed now.

Edit - I thought I did does anyone know why the last paragraph is dark? How do you do half/half? I didn't know I was that good.... [MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION] any way you can help?

Mustanger

Reaction score
Just highlight the last paragraph & you can read it just fine......the text is black in the last paragraph not white like it should be...weird that it did that.

LOL...I must have bad taste 'cause I was just looking at the rims & thinking I like those! Cleaned up they'd be nice & shiny! I like shiny.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Font color just needs to be changed. It happens a lot when you copy/paste from other sites. I was just to lazy to mess with it last night when I first saw it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have retyped it 3 times. The settings are all the same as the paragraph above it just for some reason goes to dark writing after the pic.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
came across this video of ford building the cobra jet. Anyone else notice what the first thing they do to the car is? Stock car/stock hood/stock hood latch but they put on the aerocatch. [video]https://www.facebook.com/FordPerformance/videos/10154022348273820/[/video]

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no this is not a sponsorship. What can I say i tried :) I have received nothing from them other then some little arrow decals that are supposed to help people know how to open the hood in case of emergency and I think they would send them to anyone that asked. I contacted them to see if they liked my build pics with the AeroCatch and if they would like to use them on their site. They said they would and could use help on the US side of this problem and asked if I could help. As I said above when I contacted them WAY back when I got these they were super fast to respond and just nice people that were happy to help me, so I am happy to help them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online