HELP AGAIN

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
OK heres what my wheels look like...
I4100038.jpg

ive been told they were just 98 cobras..sweet. i thought they were R's but im trying to find a pair of 17x10 whatever wheels these are and found these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AFS-...062888608QQcategoryZ43957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

are these the same wheels? will they match mine?

jimgt95

Reaction score
The wheels on ebay will not match yours. Your wheels have a two stepped lip where as the Cobra R repoductions have a waterfall style of lip/wheel edge. Not the answer you were hoping for but they would not look right with your front wheels.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
damn coause a guy on the board has 95 cobras that are 10in wide in the rear and i wanted to get some 98's ARGH

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I'd stay with those wheels that you have. A lot of people want them and like them.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
I'd stay with those wheels that you have. A lot of people want them and like them.
see my only problem with them are i need a FAT tire on the back. im wondering if i just got some 275 DR's if they will hook up just as good as if i went to a 315. I wouldnt mind getting rid of these wheels and tires for just a set of 17x9 and 17x10 DD wheels.

Julian Moore

Reaction score
The 98 Cobra wheel is a great looking wheel, I had a set. I looked everywhere to get a 9 or 10 inch rear rim..no luck. I sold them and switched to Bullets. I ran a 275 Nitto Drag Radial on the Cobra rims and was always getting 1.8-1.9 60 foot times. They will hook in that size.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
94GtStAnG5o said:
see my only problem with them are i need a FAT tire on the back. im wondering if i just got some 275 DR's if they will hook up just as good as if i went to a 315. I wouldnt mind getting rid of these wheels and tires for just a set of 17x9 and 17x10 DD wheels.

I would vote for the bullitts over those 98 Cobras :)

yellowgt

Reaction score
I would go with the bullets as well... :thumb:

They have that old school muscle car look to them

Julian Moore

Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Can't you fit nitto 275/40 dr's on the stock 98 cobra rims?

Yes.. no larger...Nittos run a little smaller then most other tires. When you put a 275 nitto against a BF..you will see a big difference.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
If your partial to the 98' cobra wheels, i would suggest taking them to a wheel shop and have them widen them. I'm sure with the proper wheel spacer and assuming the wheels shop does a good job, you could make them fit in the wheel well very nicely!

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Run a spacer and a 275. Getting a rim widdend is $$, cheaper to sell them and go another rout. IMO

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
but wont i break the spacer if i get good traction with a DR? im pushing 375TQ+

Julian Moore

Reaction score
95KBGT said:

A spacer sits on the studs, then your rim goes over the studs. Rememeber earlier I said that it is not legal to race with hubcentric spacers, these are the kind that go over your studs and then have thier own studs to mount on. I would think the smartest and easiest ting to do, is get one inch spacers, and change your studs to 3 inches. That way you will have a lot of thread for racing. The pic in my avatar is heating up Nittos. Also, BF Goodrich's drag radial hooks great also, just does not have a lot of tread life.

ylw95gts

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
94GtStAnG5o said:

Where are you located? I have a friend who has these in PA.

http://www.ymrforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22524

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
95KBGT said:

A spacer sits on the studs, then your rim goes over the studs. Rememeber earlier I said that it is not legal to race with hubcentric spacers, these are the kind that go over your studs and then have thier own studs to mount on. I would think the smartest and easiest ting to do, is get one inch spacers, and change your studs to 3 inches. That way you will have a lot of thread for racing. The pic in my avatar is heating up Nittos. Also, BF Goodrich's drag radial hooks great also, just does not have a lot of tread life.
ok so the spacer just slides over the exsisting bolts. should i go 1.5 or 1 and how much would 3in studs be for 20 of em. 3in..wow kinda long..haha

94gtstang50

Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
95KBGT said:
94GtStAnG5o said:

Those look tasty, how much was he looking for them?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
95KBGT said:
94GtStAnG5o said:

OK daddy likey alot. anymore pics? what size are those suckers? what kinda wheels? if they are 98 cobras is he willing to seperate the wide ones? or maybe 2 of my wheels and tires plus money for em? ahhhh im excited... :hitit: :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online