help air temp sendrer ???

yyy try

Reaction score
i have a 94 mustang gt automatic i bought the car 2 months ago was all stock it always seamed when i would stand on it it made noise but was fighting itself on the wind up so i replace plugs and wires and cap and rotor fuel filter took off the stock mufflers running stait pipes after cats also put on a cold air intake still the same just would not pull the way i thought it should tonight i pulled off the plug on the air temp sender in the lower intake and took it for a ride and it came alive it would actually put you back in the seat but it pinged so what should i do or is that my problem any mods that will help this thing :dunno:all info i wll be thankfull ?? :help2:

ryclef331

Reaction score
Is your check engine light on when everything is hooked up? When you pull that off, you put the car in open loop mode....meaning its a set table. It ignores ALL sensors and just goes off of what it knows for the throttle position sensor and timing tables. Now, that most likely means you got a sensor going out somewhere. Look at the surging idle sticky at the top and see if that clears it up. If not, you might have a faulty coolant temp sensor (for the ECU NOT THE GAUGE) or your inlet air temp sensor (which you unplugged) might be bad also.

The car will run at WOT the same regardless of having that sensor hooked up or not but you gas mileage will suffer.

OP
OP
Y

yyy try

Reaction score
the check engine only came on when i unpluged it with it running i came home plugged it back in it went out unplugged it with car off then stared it and it stayed off ?? other wise i have never seen the check engine light come on ???

ryclef331

Reaction score
You've got a sensor on the fritz somewhere. its not necessarily your temp sensor but something isn't right obviously.

OP
OP
Y

yyy try

Reaction score
WHERE IS THE WATER TEMP SENSOR FOR THE ECU LOCATED THANKS :help2: :help2: :help2:

ryclef331

Reaction score
You know where you black metal heater hoses run across the lower intake on the right hand side? the sensor is mounted in them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online