help and suggestions

Z28 This

Reaction score
whats the best stuff to use on Pro-stars that i can buy that will shine and clean them up really good to look new or w.e

wytstang

Reaction score
Mothers powerball plus their power polish work awesome, I used them on a set of draglights I had and they looked geat aterwards.

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
wytstang said:
Mothers powerball plus their power polish work awesome, I used them on a set of draglights I had and they looked geat aterwards.

where can i get it at?

G

GREG@SN95

wytstang said:

+1

they make a big one and a little one... get both... and use a battery power drill... the plug in ones are rather powerfull and can burn up the ball... or use a variable speed one and go easy on it...

and mother wheel cleaner as well... get that shit...

so exactly what wytstang said

ALITL8

Reaction score
Flitz!! its all i use!!

look for Flitzbay on ebay... best deal $29.99 for a 2lb can :thumb: same size can retails at Flitz.com for $54!!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the flitz, but it's a pita to apply and wipe off.

does anyone have any tips that would make it easier to apply - and less messy?

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I like the flitz, but it's a pita to apply and wipe off.

does anyone have any tips that would make it easier to apply - and less messy?

PITA? i have to say thats the first time ive ever heard that ???

with Flitz, less is more. try using a smaller amount and take it off before it dries. i generally apply and remove it with a cotton towel, then polish it out with microfiber. the key is dont let it dry :thumb:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So you work smaller areas?
I put it on with paper towells, like it says, they turn black, then wiping it off is pretty hard.
Alotta dirty towells, and elbow grease.
I'll have to try smaller areas I guess.

I pit it on 2 of my wheels on my truck, and used the Klass on the other 2. I'll see which lasts loner.
Granted they wern't oxidized, I was just putting on a protective coating.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
So you work smaller areas?
I put it on with paper towells, like it says, they turn black, then wiping it off is pretty hard.
Alotta dirty towells, and elbow grease.
I'll have to try smaller areas I guess.

I pit it on 2 of my wheels on my truck, and used the Klass on the other 2. I'll see which lasts loner.
Granted they wern't oxidized, I was just putting on a protective coating.

yep, smaller areas, dont let it dry (like it says in the directions) and try the cotton towel method. the paper towel method just gives you a something abrasive to work with... Flitz has no abrasives.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I'll try that, thanks.

I just ordered this, it should help.
http://www.autogeek.net/flpoba.html

nice purchase but i wish you had asked first... i have one (slighty used) i'd give away. the problem with the powerball idea is that there isnt a cordless drill on the planet that makes enough RPMs to really polish metal. oh and dont even think about trying to polish a boat or car with that thing!!!

best tool for polishing wheels is a die grinder with buffing attachments or a dremel tool. the good thing about the Flitz Powerball is that it will hold up 10x better than that foam, POS, Meg's ball thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online