Help before I smash something.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not using a sub output from the deck as far as I know. The sub is only wired to the amp, and my amp is mounted to the back of the rear seats

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Your rca cables (the purple ones) are plugged in to the back of the head unit. A lot of aftermarket head units (mine included) have rca outputs that use a channel off the rear speaker and they have one that has a specific subwoofer output. I like to use that because I can adjust my subs independently from my speakers.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes but that will not help me test what I need to test. As he said there is a chance the deck has a dedicated sub output that is only bass and if that is the case we need to switch it to the full range output. Looking at the manual for the amp there is the ability to use a single rca for the signal for all 3 speaker. There is a switch on the side labeled "input". Switch that to two ch BB rear only and use the inputs listed as "front" on the amp for your purple rca cables. Now run a set of speaker wires from the amps font outputs to the speaker and of course + to +, - to - and do not bridge them. You will probably need to adjust the gain on the amp for the new speakers hopefully the sub will remain the same.

Now looking at the pic and the manual you did have one of he rca's in the wrong spot. It might have led to a weaker singal or no signal but it should not cause the amp to power up/down or loose signal. The rca inputs are listed as Left and Right, and front/rear. You want the rcas in the two inputs(on top of one another(L/R)) all the way against the end(front inputs). The other switches you need to be sure are in place is the cross over section listed as "bandpass" be sure it is turned to off, "amp range" is set to full range and from there like I said there is just the gain controls that after it is powered up you might need to adjust.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help so far guys. Working tomorrow, so idk when I'll be able to get to this. I'll post back with an update soon hopefully!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Update.. Finally got free time to drop by the stereo shop a few weeks ago. Bad news and bad news.. Sub is cooked, 1 full channel on the amp is bad.. So crutchfield sent me a new sub free of charge, free shipping back. And I'd need to send the amp out and have it fixed eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online