Help... brake line flare

Silver35th

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Today while installing my rear set of stainless hoses, I broke the main brake line off in the bolt going into the Y fitting. Basically the line seized in the bolt and twisted off. My car doesn't have traction control, so it tees off at the passenger rear going to the driver rear. I don't want to buy a whole new line from Ford. I'm fairly certain the brake line is 3/16", but I am not sure of the flare type. From what I'm seeing, it is a bubble flare? I will need to of course union a new section of line and make a few bends. If anyone has any experience with this or some good info to share, please do. The quicker I can get this fixed the better.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Today while installing my rear set of stainless hoses, I broke the main brake line off in the bolt going into the Y fitting. Basically the line seized in the bolt and twisted off. My car doesn't have traction control, so it tees off at the passenger rear going to the driver rear. I don't want to buy a whole new line from Ford. I'm fairly certain the brake line is 3/16", but I am not sure of the flare type. From what I'm seeing, it is a bubble flare? I will need to of course union a new section of line and make a few bends. If anyone has any experience with this or some good info to share, please do. The quicker I can get this fixed the better.

3/16" line
bubble flare
m10x1.0 fittings

www.belmetric.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online