HELP. Car won't start.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Car was totally fine yesterday. I just got in it and tryed to start it and the ONLY thing I can hear is the fuel pump kick on. It doesn't click or anything. Any ideas?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Starter? Maybe battery, but if it was the battery I think it would click a whole bunch of times.

S

scarface

yesh I forgot the relays are in the ccrm now. Looking at the CCRM diagram, everything run of that. I would just take a few mins and pull the fuses and look for a blown one. It is most likely something simple.

Sorry I cant be more help. :(

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah one of my fuses in the high current box is blown. one of the little atm 25's. havent had any chance today to replace it so i will get after it tommorrow.

G

GREG@SN95

clean the batt terminals
check the grounds
check the solenoid

I doubt yer starter is bad...

its either a bad connection or a bad solenoid

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
so i got a new battery cause the one in there was from the factory (9 yrs old). still doesn't start. if i push start it, then shut it off it will start a few times afterwards. i can hear a clicking coming from the passenger side fender.

anybody have any ideas?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Starter? I forget what side its on though ???

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
my clutch switch went out recently and it sounded something like what youre describing. sometimes all you would hear is the fuel pump kick on. after i would screw around with the clutch pedal by pumpin it and shit it would start. :dunno:

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
i tried pumping the clutch pedal, that didin't do anything. tommorrow i'm gonna check the starter relays and ignition fuses in the high current fuse box. hopefully it is something simple and cheap. it seems like anytime i have a problem with a car it's something that no one can figure out. i end up having to take it to a shop. i hate wasting money on shops.

G

GREG@SN95

SilverSol said:
so i got a new battery cause the one in there was from the factory (9 yrs old). still doesn't start. if i push start it, then shut it off it will start a few times afterwards. i can hear a clicking coming from the passenger side fender.

anybody have any ideas?

did you check the solenoid?

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
i can't say that i throughly checked the solenoid but i did make sure all the connections were good and not burned or anything.
would the solenoid cause it to do what i described?
if i get a push start and then turn it off it will start a few times afterwards, at least it did but now that i have the new battery in it won't even do that. in fact the last couple times (after it had been pushed started and then turned off and restarted) that it started the theft light was blinking. someone told me maybe it's my anti theft causing it not to start.

G

GREG@SN95

SilverSol said:
i can't say that i throughly checked the solenoid but i did make sure all the connections were good and not burned or anything.
would the solenoid cause it to do what i described?
if i get a push start and then turn it off it will start a few times afterwards, at least it did but now that i have the new battery in it won't even do that. in fact the last couple times (after it had been pushed started and then turned off and restarted) that it started the theft light was blinking. someone told me maybe it's my anti theft causing it not to start.

if it can start... just not 100% of the time... mechanically its either the starter or solenoid... solenoid is ALOT cheaper then the starter...

As far as anti theft shit... sorry, cant help ya there... if it was though... I would think that it wouldnt run at all... so if you can push start it its probably the solenoid or (hopefully not) the starter

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
i am certainly hoping that it's just the solenoid or the relay. its weird that it will start a few times after it's push started and shut off though.

whty98

Reaction score
Like phil said, there is a clutch position sensor that may have gone bad. It would only let your fuel pump come on and nothing else because it's not seeing that your clutch pedal is pushed in to start the car. I would check this out first!! The selonoid is on the outside of your starter and can be replaced easily.

S

scarface

whty98 said:
Like phil said, there is a clutch position sensor that may have gone bad. It would only let your fuel pump come on and nothing else because it's not seeing that your clutch pedal is pushed in to start the car. I would check this out first!! The selonoid is on the outside of your starter and can be replaced easily.
+3 on the clutch position sensor.... selonoid may be easy to change, but getting to the starter may not be so easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online