HELP. Car won't start.

S

scarface

its an easy switch to override, just dont forget and leave it in gear when you start it..lol

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
its an easy switch to override, just dont forget and leave it in gear when you start it..lol

how do i override it? just unhook it. cause i'm pretty damn sure that's what the problem is after all. today i got in my car and just for the heck of it pump the clutch pedal and it started right up. has started up after that everytime.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
fershure fershure. i'd look into unhooking it. otherwise it'll be about $250 for a dealership to replace it or if you try and replace it, it is literally a pain in the neck. you have to lay on your back on the floor board to work on it. sucks big time. same thing happened to my car not too long ago but luckily it was still under warranty :banana:

S

scarface

Aaron, unhooking it wont work. It is a switch. you will need to unplug the harness from the switch on the pedal, and use a jumper wire to make the ECU think the switch is activated.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Aaron, unhooking it wont work. It is a switch. you will need to unplug the harness from the switch on the pedal, and use a jumper wire to make the ECU think the switch is activated.

that doesn't sound like much fun. but luckily so far my car has started up everytime i've tried it. don't know what the problem was or is. it's weird.

G

GREG@SN95

SilverSol said:
scarface said:

that doesn't sound like much fun. but luckily so far my car has started up everytime i've tried it. don't know what the problem was or is. it's weird.

sounds like you had a bad connection...

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
SilverSol said:
scarface said:

could've been. just glad it's starting now.

G

GREG@SN95

SilverSol said:
GREG@SN95 said:
SilverSol said:
scarface said:

could've been. just glad it's starting now.

Thats what is was

badass98svt

Reaction score
Replace or override the neutral safety switch.
If you don't fix the problem, it WILL leave you stranded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online