HELP!!car won't start

281powered

Reaction score
so i just got back yesterday from a round tip to the okanagan in the car with no problems and then today i go to stat the car & won't start but the car alarm goes fucking nuts. the alarm was sopposed to be off so this shouldn't have happened. when you turn the key it just clicked for the first few times and the fuel pump only came on one of the times and that was it. after about 4 or 5 turns even the clicking of the ignition was gone just nothing, no lights or power to anything but the alarm went crazy this whole process. not shure if it's the battery or the alternator? i just had a new walbro 190lph fuel pump put in november. ohh and on the way home last night i noticed i had no high beams but thought that was just a blown fuse but could this all be related? what do you guys think this could be?

97vertstang

Reaction score
check how much voltage u got at the battery.does it crank at all??if ur battery drained , charge it and try it again.if it starts check ur alternator , and check ur fuses and relays.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
are you sure your alarm isnt equipped with a imobilizer? so your getting no power now at all? I would check fuses to begin with, sounds like either some wiring went on you or your battery or alt went on ya.

Check the under hood fuses too, also trace the wire from your battery to the little terminal block thing thats right by your under hood fuse box, make sure that connection is good. I know the wire on mine started to break apart there causing similar problems.

OP
OP

281powered

Reaction score
ya i have a imobilizer on the car so ya that makes sense. i'll check that tommorow before i pull the battery.
thanks matt.

ALITL8

Reaction score
just replaced my alternator, i'd check the voltage on the battery with the car running. jump it off and check voltage, should be 14.4 or so if the alt is working properly.

OP
OP

281powered

Reaction score
ended up being a bad connection to the battery but it's all good now :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online