HELP ! Clutch Pedal Hard After Install

Edub400

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed a UPR clutch cable kit, and now my pedal is super stiff. I pretty much would have to stand on it to get the pedal to get down. What could be the problem.
image3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image2%201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image1_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
How tight is you adjustment? Make sure it's not too tight. Other than that, unhook the cable on top and bottom and pull it by hand and see how smooth the cable slides inside

OP
OP
E

Edub400

Reaction score
How tight is you adjustment? Make sure it's not too tight. Other than that, unhook the cable on top and bottom and pull it by hand and see how smooth the cable slides inside
Every when i had no adjustment it was still very tough to push its impossible to push this with your hand. Are the washers on the quadrant suppose to be on this side.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I put washers on the inside also, just to keep the quadrant centered. What I was trying to figure out though, if you disconnect the cable from the pedal and the transmission can you move the cable by itself smoothly inside its case? We are trying to see if the cable is free and smooth or if it is dragging and making the pedal hard to push.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
It also looks like your quadrant is dragging on the insulation at the top. Cut that stuff out of there and make sure nothing is in its way.

OP
OP
E

Edub400

Reaction score
I put washers on the inside also, just to keep the quadrant centered. What I was trying to figure out though, if you disconnect the cable from the pedal and the transmission can you move the cable by itself smoothly inside its case? We are trying to see if the cable is free and smooth or if it is dragging and making the pedal hard to push.
yea the cable moves good without being connected to the trans. It may be that the washers are not align correct.

OP
OP
E

Edub400

Reaction score
A buddy of mine said it could be the throwout bearing, since i changed everything and still seeing the same problem.

COULD SOMEONE SHOW ME SOME PICS OF THE WAY THEIR CABLE IS ROUTED.

OP
OP
E

Edub400

Reaction score

Ok. Guys so today i went out re-routed the Cable and before I hooked it to the transmission I went to press in the clutch pedal. The pedal basicly went stright down to the floor with no force. Which would make me think there is no BLINDS.
dance.gif

But the second we get in hooked up the the fork, I go and press in the clutch pedal and it just seems hard like to hard for me to press which sitting down really.

Any Ideas ?
banghead01.gif
confused.gif

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like an issue from within the tranny like either the arm is off or or something is not lined up right.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
^ Im with these guys. The arm might be of the pivot ball or the throwout bearing is all goofed up. I know this is a bunch of hassle, but can you take the cable off the transmission arm and move it back and forth freely? It wont be a whole lot of movement but you will have some. Look at the arm as you move it, you should be able to tell if the arm is off the pivot ball. If it moves nice and free and looks good, it might be a clutch issue.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
My guess is the input shaft bearing retainer is messed up along with the throw out bearing

OP
OP
E

Edub400

Reaction score
My guess is the input shaft bearing retainer is messed up along with the throw out bearing

Thats what I was thinking as I continue my search, can't find any place that sell this for a 96 GT Why ? There everywhere for the FOX and 95-SN95

OP
OP
E

Edub400

Reaction score
^ Im with these guys. The arm might be of the pivot ball or the throwout bearing is all goofed up. I know this is a bunch of hassle, but can you take the cable off the transmission arm and move it back and forth freely? It wont be a whole lot of movement but you will have some. Look at the arm as you move it, you should be able to tell if the arm is off the pivot ball. If it moves nice and free and looks good, it might be a clutch issue.

when i take the cable off the fork there is a little movement ( front - back) but nothing major.

OP
OP
E

Edub400

Reaction score
COULD SOMEONE SHOW ME SOME PICS OF THE WAY THEIR CABLE IS ROUTED.

COULD SOMEONE SHOW ME SOME PICS OF THE WAY A SN95 CLUTCH CABLE IS ROUTED. ? :sad5:

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I'll see if I can dig up a picture of mine. I know the routing doesn't matter a whole lot as long as there are no kinks in the cable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online