Help deciding what to do with wheel setup

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
okay I need opinions fellas I cannot decide what to do with my wheel setup. I have four options that I'm going through.

1. Is I have the stock SVT wheels but not a fan of the tuck in the back so option one is wheel spacers to make them flush. What thickness would make them sit flush? Anybody have issues with spacers? Obviously the cheapest option so my favorite option.

2. Is buy a 17x10.5 replica SVT wheel to fill the gap. Any info on if 275's will fit a 10.5 got a fresh set of nitto 555r's so I don't know if I'd like to buy new tires.

3. Buy a 18x10 replica SVT wheel. Does anybody on here run 17/18 staggered setup, any opinions on how it looks/would look?

4. But a set of 18 staggered wheels. I like the look of 18's but don't really want to buy a whole new set of wheels/tires so my least favorite option as well unless (see option 5)

5. If anybody has wheels they're willing to trade for a set of authentic SVT wheels let me know there as well.

Thanks dudes

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1. Impossible to answer your question without nowing the wheels width, tires size, and backspacing. There are no issues with running spacers. Just make sure they're hubcentric.

2. 275s will fit on a 10.5 no issues.

3. Staggered sizes are a personal preference. Personally I don't see the point. I'd keep the 17s. They weight less, cost less, and tires are cheaper.

4. See above. If going 18s, go all the way around.

5. Good luck on your search.

In my opinion a set of chrome 03 cobras would look absolutely killer against Sonic Blue. Also keeps the oem factor with those rims.

OP
OP
GTfiveoh

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
1. Impossible to answer your question without nowing the wheels width, tires size, and backspacing. There are no issues with running spacers. Just make sure they're hubcentric.

In my opinion a set of chrome 03 cobras would look absolutely killer against Sonic Blue. Also keeps the oem factor with those rims.

Wheels are stock..17x9 with 275/40/17 nitto 555r's. Don't know the back spacing but it's whatever stock is. I was looking at 1 inch spacers on American muscle they are hubcentric but say only for aftermarket will not work with stock wheels.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To figure out how big of a spacer you need just take a peice of string and measure from the sidewall however far you want it to go. Then buy the spacer closest to that length.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Cheapest bet would be spacers. With 275 1.25" should make ur perfectly flush. I just ordered a 1" with my 295 for a small poke.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I love the look of your rims and sonic blue. Ive been running 1.25" spacers on my 17x9s and it sits the way I like it. I haven't had problems with them. So my vote goes to keep the stock rims and put some hub-centric spacers on (width based on your preference). Good luck on whatever you decide to go with man

Caboose302

Reaction score
Wheels are stock..17x9 with 275/40/17 nitto 555r's. Don't know the back spacing but it's whatever stock is. I was looking at 1 inch spacers on American muscle they are hubcentric but say only for aftermarket will not work with stock wheels.
Not sure about the OEM Cobras but on my GT wheels there was no cutout for the stock studs to stick into the wheel. The back was solid, hence the wheel would not sit flush on the spacer.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
A Nitto 275 will stretch a little on a 10.5 just an FYI. If you're not about that game might want to consider a 315. Ferocious is right about the tires being far more expensive for an 18. If you're deadset on an 18 inch look, be prepared to drop some serious coin on tires. I'd just buy a spacer and throw the 275's on for now and be done with it. You might have hooking issues with the 555's depending on if you're pullied and such... But it's the cheapest and easiest route out of the 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online