Help diagnosing CCRM

ian_red-zj

Reaction score
I have a 95 3.8 5 speed, and the problem I'm having is two fold and possibly related. I popped two 30 amp fuses for the cooling fan and did an amp draw test and it was drawing like 15 to 20 amps. I forget but it was below 30. The second problem is that the car stalled on me twice at low speed in 2nd gear. It would then crank but no start. Disconnect the battery and short the cables together, reconnect and it starts right up. When I found out that the cooling fan relay and fuel pump relay are in one module, I was told by a couple master techs that there's probably an intermittent short in there. I found it online and I guess it's called the constant control relay module, but it's 109 bucks so I wanted to get some thoughts on my problems first. The problems have not occurred in about a month, but I'm always in fear that this things gonna break down on me again. Only other things I've done to the engine are new air filter, thermostat, and plugs and wires. Thinking about replacing the coil pack too for good measure; open to any other advice on increasing driveability and performance for daily driving and commuting. Thanks yall

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Did you pull codes after it shut off? Disconecting the battery clears the codes so pull codes before disconecting the battery.
Make sure the harness is completely plugged into the CCRM and the screw is tight,

OP
OP
I

ian_red-zj

Reaction score
No I didn't have a scanner on me. I hate to say I'll just wait till it happens again lol. There's gotta be a test for the module right?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know for my 95 OBD1 GT, when I pull codes (KOEO) one of the first things you'll hear is a series of relays clicking. Followed by the low speed fan then the high speed fan. I'm not sure if the OBD2 cars are set up the same way though,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.