HELP!!! Does this Timing Chain look straight up (dot to dot)?

Kylebach14

Reaction score
Okay, heres the deal. I finished a HCI swap this spring and its been running like total poop. I've messed with inital timing and had a old 5.0 drag builder time it by ear and what he thinks the engine likes best. He told me to go home and see where its at. I went home and it was like 40 degrees advanced! (and yes the HB is new so it hasnt slipped or anything). It ran OK with the 40 degrees but nothing great, it performed about stock. So while I had the gun out I set it to 16 and boy did she not like that. No power at all, barely moves with some acceleration. After that I came to the conclusion that my cam timing was off and my chain was off a little. I bought a new 9 key way TFS timing chain to put on. Well anyway I pulled the timing cover off and it looked like the dots lined up pretty well on the stock chain. Tonight I put in the TFS chain, but I didnt move the cam or the crank and the new chain slid right in what looks like to me dot to dot. I want to get your guys opinion on this. Is it possible my old chain was innaccurate? Anything will help. THANKS!

P.S. Sorry for the long ordeal but I cant get her to perform the way she should.

LINK TO PICTURES:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/739025-help-does-timing-chain-look-straight-up-dot-dot.html#post6692153

toyman

Reaction score
Was the spout connector removed before you changed the timing? 40* with the spout in might be close. 16* with the spout in is way too retarded. You want to see 10-12* with the spout removed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online